The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Better to show you than write a list

I have uploaded this image to Toypedia

Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by Dinkydi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam21k

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
ok then, using Chrome and found the same snag for 'member images' hotlink and the popup apology that wants me to paste a link somewhere, but I don't know where...

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #18

Administrator
Thanks Dinkydi. Richard, this is bizarre - I will have to ask the tech guys tomorrow. Will let you know what they say.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
While you are at it Acka, if you still want me to put some of my tank collection on Toypedia let us know but make it simple for this old graying brain to be able to use.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I get the same reply as Richard when I click on "members images" it's very polite but confusing.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
yes, we all want to share what we have

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #22

Administrator
Aha! Now I see what's happening. I thought you were trying to insert photos for the variants or the main pic at the top of the page.

You insert member photos in that section using the big green "Categorise This" button (like the one you can see at the left of this page). Basically, if you upload an image into a gallery, then click on the image, you'll see the Categorise This button to the left of it. Click it and you'll get a popup that you can use to assign the image to its relevant ToyPedia section.

For example, for the pics Richard had of the Alfa Concept Car, you browse to the item in the popup, save it and then the pics will be visible in the Member images section on TP. I'll do one of them now, so it's there.

As to why that text is appearing when you click the "Go here for more info" link, I'm not sure, it should bring up the help section - I'll check into that.

ETA

Except the associator popup doesn't seem to be working right now - let me check with the tech guys tomorrow on this one and I'll be right back to everybody...
Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
script is making me dizzy... I find it very confusing... I dare not change anything because I might muck it up.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #24

Administrator
Don't worry, you can't muck anything up - any changes made can always be reversed, and the thing that doesn't seem to be working isn't actually part of the ToyPedia wiki, it's a separate component...

In the meantime, all the picture inserters for the main pictures on item pages and the variant pictures ARE all working fine, and you can edit descriptions, etc, all with no problems, so by all means go ahead and do that if you've a mind to.

The other thing we'll get sorted shortly...

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #25

Administrator
OK, apologies for the confusion - the "categorise this" popup IS working, apparently there's now something wrong with MY laptop. So you can use it to put pics into the Member Images section on TP as discussed previously.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I assume there are plans afoot for the "multicultural" models such as Century of Cars, will these have a separate listing or be listed under Corgi ?

Yep - those will get added too - they'll be under Modern Corgi.

I think the idea is - if I can wrap my head around it - that we can make these page ourselves as branch offshoots.

This is probably why the Corgi Juniors or Rockets haven't been done yet.

We have to actually add the listings, but you can help with the schema and then add pics and description text directly on the pages.
Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 11 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
I think the idea is - if I can wrap my head around it - that we can make these page ourselves as branch offshoots.

This is probably why the Corgi Juniors or Rockets haven't been done yet.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #28

Fresh Boarder
Hi guys, Sorry it has been a while - All the Corgi Rockets have now been completely uploaded into ToyPedia!

Click Here to see all the Corgi Rockets

We found over 200 variations of cars, sets and accessories. Thank you to everyone who provided their lists and photos for the project, especially to the following members:

Kelvin64
Spokesmann
& AdrianK

Who provided us with many of the photos we could use. There are a small number of photos missing mainly for the accessories and sets as pictures of these are very hard to come by.

More good on its way too guys Husky is coming very very soon (the next 2-3 days) and the Modern 1-64 Scale Superhaulers will be done by next week too.

If you have any photos or lists, or anything else you think you might be able to help with the project please drop me a mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Thank You
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by adam21k.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
coolies, I'll check it out.

picked up a few color variants.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
as I suspected its incomplete again.

looked up the Corgi Rockets Mercedes-Benz 280SL of which I have two colour variants. One is blue, the other is yellow.

The yellow variant is not listed even though it was acknowledged by Andrew it was a Corgi Rockets.

Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by RVREVO.