The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread

The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
This is the place to discuss our Corgi Project - an attempt to document every model ever made!

20/02/12 Update: All the Corgi Junior Models are catalogued in ToyPedia!

Check it out Now!

15/02/12 Update: All the Husky models are catalogued in Toypedia!

Check it out Now!

20/01/12: Corgi Rockets are now completed listed in ToyPedia!

Check it out Now!

18/01/12 Update: The current Corgi London 2012 games collection is now completely catalogued in Toypedia.

Check It Out Now!

20/12/11 Update: We have just finished completely cataloguing all of the Corgi Mettoy Era Gift Sets - over 100 are now listed and all have their own individual ToyPedia entries. If you think we've missed any this is the place to let us know!

Check It Out Now!

Helping us with this monumental task are some of the biggest names in Corgi (Mark Weaver -current director of Corgi, Marcel Van Cleemput -author of the great book of Corgi and ex-chief designer, Paul Lumsdon -ex Corgi Development Director, Wolfgang Gehrt -a collector who is currently writing a book on small scale Corgi, Bill Manzke (Corgi expert and author of 2 of the most through Corgi Books out there) and our very own Andrew Adamides - aka. BaskingShark).
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by adam21k.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
awesome job!!!

its a momentous undertaking and I'll be happy to fill in the blanks now that the groundwork is done.
My collection is small but have found that there are a few cars that have eluded some collectors here.

checking on it now.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
As I feared its still the same problem as always.

The pages are blocked and locked and the format can not be changed or improved.

Prime example is trying to put an image in on a fairly commomn car, #380 Pininfarina Alfa Romeo P33. The information is there, link to the Marketplace works, but I get the same message that a certain program link needs to be inserted before photos can be linked.

Would be a great improvement if we can link TP images with the Forum program.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #4

Administrator
Hi Richard,

You should be able to edit pages in the wiki with no problems - are you trying to replace or insert pics? Can you tell me what happens when you do?

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for adding the photo of my car to the site.

When I wanted to edit by adding 'Photo contributed by RVREVO' the following message stopped me.

Beginning with 'You do not have permission...'

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
In the title Members Images you press 'here' and this menu pops up with an apology and an obscure instruction.

I'm just a layman with computers and really would like to know where in the 'Admin Only' programming I have to place the link to make the photo work?

Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Could you give a list of cars in both All Winners Gift Sets as mine doesn't match either.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #8

Administrator
Hi Richard, that's odd and shouldn't be happening. It may be because you're a moderator and I may need to reset soemthing in the backend. Will check and get back to you.

Dinkydi, what is in your example of the All Winners set?

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #9

Administrator
Hi Richard, have you tried a browser other than Explorer? If you haven't can you do so? LMK. Thanks! Also, what version of explorer is that?

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #10

Fresh Boarder
Could you give a list of cars in both All Winners Gift Sets as mine doesn't match either.

Andrew has added some extra variants to the all winners set that we didn't know about, so please check if your one is now catalogued. Also if you could add an image for your variant that would be fantastic!

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
should have foreseen that (slaps forehead - doh!)

the defunct IE8 is the problem again. reverted back to IE8 because the latest Firefox patch is clashing with my hotmail addy.

there's always something...

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
it appears my hotmail addy is working again with Firefox so am back using that.

does mean that my apostrophe's will be %27 in the titles again

however, have contributed a few photos to the pages of models I've collected, some with boxes.
Also edited the script to credit my handle for the contribution as the system still won't allow credit for multiple contributors.

be happy

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #13

Administrator
Have you tried chrome? Its really good - better than FF IMO.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
yes, it appears that each explorer has at least one or two things that clash somewhere with something.

Re: The Corgi Project - General Discussion Thread 8 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
did a complete description rewrite on this truck.

www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...Airport_Crash_Truck.

Added a couple of photos. Was lucky to pick this up earlier this year. This truck is huge
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam21k