Corgi Scammells and a Ford
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Scammells and a Ford

Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #1

I\'ve got these two Scammells in need of spotlights for the roof and the side mirrors for the cab. I\'d like to find another of the Sunter prime movers for a pusher on the set. I had the Ford cab over as a tractor trailer as a kid, and have seen several on the \'net, just never wanted to shell out the money that they were asking for them. The wrecker came to me missing the air horns and one of the tow hooks, and I found replacement parts fairly quickly. Now if I could just find the spotlights and mirrors....

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The Picfords, what is the model number? Was it a Pickfords or a Chipperfields or something else? I might be able to find mirrors. You know I have the Vanguard Rectangular mirrors in stock. Jim

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #3

Yes, I\'ll head out to the garage and get the number off the box. the vanguard mirrors are OK, but the ones that are supposed to be on them are round, lollypop style. The spots are the real bugger, there are three on the roof of each Scammell. The tree out of the box has the three spots and two mirrors on it, chrome plated. I found another Ford last night in sad shape, it\'s the power for the tractor trailer I had back when, but the important parts are there.

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #4

The Pickford\'s is # 17502 and the Sunter\'s is #17602. Both are Scammell Constructor\'s, from the heavy haulage line.

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Is that a caterpillar engine or Titan engine on the trailer?

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I think those numbers are too new for me to be able to get parts for them but I will do some more looking for you. Jim

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #7

Thanks Jim. I\'m about to just make a latex mold and cast them in resin. It\'s been frustration squared trying to find them.

Richard, the engine is very generic, and my first thought looking at it was Cummins industrial, and Cat could be just as likely. It\'s plastic, and weighs nothing. I want to put a machine on it, maybe a Cat track hoe or D9 from Norscot.

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
either or would look really cool

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Rob:
I found the correct mirrors for the Ford Wrecker. Black plastic with the arms, sold in pairs.
Jim

Re:Corgi Scammells and a Ford 11 years, 6 months ago #10

E mail me the info, I need the set both are missing. Thank you for finding these, I was dreading having to make them up.
  • Page: