Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #586

Platinum Boarder
very nice. what a great display piece (still loving the yellow )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #587

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tick, I have pardon the expression "toyed" over the idea of doing one of these in this colour scheme for ages, it is defiantly ice cream , sun & sea side ... long way off now though.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #588

Platinum Boarder
& the little star decal is back on the petrol cap again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #589

Expert Boarder
<p>That is beautifully done!</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #590

Platinum Boarder
I picked this Mini 1000 up for a reasonable price, I have one of these from my child hood toys , my one is play worn, this is the later version as it has a towing hook.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 6 months ago #591

Platinum Boarder
Nice iconic car and in great shape too.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 1 month ago #592

Platinum Boarder
If these models come up at a reasonable price I buy them , this one is not too sad , it is a favourite Corgi of mine.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 1 month ago #593

Platinum Boarder
Not a Corgi collector and don't know British or European cars that well I have no idea what this is. Help me out with a name please when you post this stuff would be appreciated for dummies like me.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 1 month ago #594

Platinum Boarder
Corgi Roover 2000 TC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 1 month ago #595

Platinum Boarder
Thanks you. Don't get them in Canada

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 years, 1 month ago #596

Platinum Boarder
<p>Sorry all and thanks Chaccamacca, I got told my dinner was ready and didn't finish what I wanted to write , these Whizz wheel Rover 2000TC models command a high price and are highly desirable.</p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 9 months ago #597

Platinum Boarder
I have just finished a non musical Walls ford Thames ice cream van in yellow , now have one of each in this colour.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls, RoutemasterNL, chaccamacca

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 9 months ago #598

That yellow paint really covers all the doorlines etc very well. Which paint is that?

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 9 months ago #599

Platinum Boarder
This is a spray paint which most smaller car spares shops sell here , years ago it used to be Duplcolor this then changed to Carplan, now it is Hycote . The thing with spraying yellow is making sure the primer has coated the doorlines , this then seems to stop the top coat form "sliding " out of these , I then clear lacquer it.

screen shot pc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 8 months ago #600

Platinum Boarder
We all have that I wish I had kept the box thoughts , this model was given to me in 1977 for my birthday , some where I have the plastic base but the box was long gone, I got this today , I replaced the figures with original ones I had but not from my first , they are somewhere in my boxes from years ago but survive.
This is a model that when I opened it up today bought memories flooding back it one of the best models in the Whizz Wheels I ever had the Starkey & Hutch Ford Torino , what a great set and TV series.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL, chaccamacca