Corgi\'s HUGE 1/36 Car Transporter!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi\'s HUGE 1/36 Car Transporter!

Corgi\'s HUGE 1/36 Car Transporter! 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Administrator
I\'m a huge fan of Corgi\'s later 1/36-scale models, and it\'s often forgotten that they produced a car transporter for these...

It was 1159, the Ford Car Transporter. It came in metallic blue and metallic green, like this one:

Both had the cream ramps. This thing is ENORMOUS. It\'s about 14 inches long. It says on the box that it\'s suitable for children over 36 months/3 years, but it weighs a ton and I wouldn\'t like to be the parent who had to deal with a 3-year-old who dropped this on its foot!

Surprisingly, though, it only carries four cars, two down on Corgi\'s maximum-capacity transporter, the legendary tri-deck.

I\'m not sure if it would be possible to get, say, three Minis or Metros on the top deck.

It has quite a cool spring-loaded mechanism to lock the ramps in place.

Here\'s the Ford cab which is, I suspect, a little smaller scale than the cars it\'s carrying. It looks closer to about 1/40 to me. Anyone know for sure?

The cab tilts forward. Particularly cool is how the gearstick is moulded as part of the engine. it also has a coupling mechanism and retractable jockey wheels.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re:Corgi\'s HUGE 1/36 Car Transporter! 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Corgi #1159 Ford Car Transporter from 1976 to 1979.  Would the coupling mechanism be similar to this.

This is the other color: red and white.  

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO. Reason: transposed numbers

Re:Corgi\'s HUGE 1/36 Car Transporter! 11 years, 6 months ago #3

Administrator
Wow, I never saw that red and white one before - it looks great!
  • Page: