Sorting My Corgi Collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sorting My Corgi Collection

Sorting My Corgi Collection 3 weeks, 5 days ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>1956</p>

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 3 weeks, 5 days ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I've had a chance to continue sorting my Corgi Collection.

In the past I saved one photo of each model and then added info from the Great Book of Corgi.

Now I'm going back and taking more angles.

I'm adding the photos to collages for each year. The extra photos make it easier to fill the pages.

I'll be including any Code 3's and copies I have.

Attached is my current 1956 collection.

Hoping to continue with the later years but it's not a quick exercise as most of the models are stored away.

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 3 weeks, 5 days ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and an ambitious project.

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 3 weeks, 4 days ago #4

Indeed a great project. Are you going to make a hardcopy of it too?

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 3 weeks, 4 days ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys. I've certainly thought of having the pages professionally bound. But I probably won't do that until I stop collecting. The pages are too fluid at the moment, constantly changing as I upgrade or add new variations (and code 3's).</p>
<p>Besides, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to arrange the images.</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">1956 - take 2</span></p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 2 weeks, 1 day ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Made a start on 1957

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 2 weeks, 1 day ago #7

Platinum Boarder
See, there is a problem I find with most books on Dinky Cars and trucks and most other brands too. You never see the back of the car at all. Would be nice to add that. Where you have 2 cars or trucks beside each other turn one around to show the back. The fronts and backs should be the same but for color and maybe, just maybe on has painted tail lights or unpainted tail lights or maybe jewels for the tail lights.

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 2 weeks, 1 day ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim. That's a good idea.
I'll turn one around and/or add extra images.

Re: Sorting My Corgi Collection 2 weeks, 1 day ago #9

Platinum Boarder
At least that way you can see the whole car. Being a restorer I like to make the back of the car as close to original as possible. Some have license plate holders in Silver or black and some not at all. Other do and some don't paint the tail lights etc.
Glad I could offer a suggestion to your project, daunting as it is.
  • Page: