Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Bloodhound Missile

Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #1

Junior Boarder
<p>Some stay at home work this week, so I'm getting back to toy restorations. I've had a Corgi Bloodhound missile for many years, and always promised myself I'd get to it. I recently bought another one off eBay. When I got the two of them together, I noticed that they are very different construction to each other. The recently purchased one is the same as all the photos I otherwise see on eBay listings - one piece white body, with four yellow fins/solid fuel engines clipped on.</p>
<p>The one I've had for a while is very different, the body is multi piece, all held together with a full length bolt up the middle, and a nut under the [missing] red nose cone. It's four fins (three broken off) are white, not yellow, and attached to the white body, not each solid fuel engine. Also, the two extra (jet?) engines have a hollow outlet on the one piece casting, but are solid on the multi piece casting. The parting lines are very different between the two, evidently they came out of entirely different moulds.</p>
<p>I've had a look at the Google, and yes, I see that some are yellow fins, and some are white fins. This corresponds, so obviously the two very different versions of the same missile were made.</p>
<p>Jim</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by ToyJim.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I don't know if Kees has this missile but he can probably tell you about the castings. There is no information in the Great Book of Corgi and it only lists the missile as 1115 Bloodhound Guided Missile, then 1116 Bloodhound Missile Platform and lastly the 1117 Bloodhound Missile Trolley. No further write ups or pictures of this model. Shame.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #3

please show some photos of the 1115

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture, i shall post a picture of the one i have. This is a picture from the WWW.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture what i have, need e restoration.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of the parts. Ready for restoration. I'm going to try to 3D print the parts i need for the restoration.
The 2 wings and the little rocket and the nose cone.
The nose cone out of flexible filament.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of the two wings i 3D printed. I used Tinkercad to make a drawing and then you can export it as a stl file.
The two red circles is what i have made.
Next thing to do is to make the little rocket, strip the paint from everything, glue the wings on and then primer and paint.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of the drawing i made in Tinkercad for the little side rocket.
It is 3D printing now.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Side rocket on the missile.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #10

Junior Boarder
<p>Here are my two missiles;</p>
<p>The one with the bolt up the middle (older?) is cleaned up for restoration now. I'll make new solid rocket engines on the lathe, and cut and solder fins.</p>
<p>I note with some concern that the red nose I lather turned for the newer missile (in photo) is turned to be the same diameter as the white missile body where it mates. However, at that diameter, the red nose is much too large to fit in the hole in the wheeled trolley. I could (and may) turn a smaller diameter nose which fits in the trolley, though it'll look funny when not in the trolley. I don't want to alter the trolley, as it is nearly mint. Any thoughts about the fit of the missile nose in the trolley front carrying hole?</p>
<p>(Hmmm.... my attempt to post photos failed. Can I drag and drop the photos? I no longer use photobucket, it became miserable....)</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #11

Platinum Boarder
We now use this link postimages.org/
Click on Choose Images
Pick a photo from your computer files.
It will load into the program
The page that comes up has a preview of your picture, top left, and a list of choices as to where to post the Photo or Photos as you can choose multiple photos at one time but I limit to 5 or 6
Third line from the bottom says "Hotlink for Forums" Click on the blue icon (copy) at the right end of that line and then paste it into this message box, like so

Your done as the text you post turns into a picture when you Submit the box.
Hope to see your pictures soon.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #12

Junior Boarder
<p>Thanks, Hopefully two Bloodhound images post:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #13

Junior Boarder
<p>Okay, that worked...</p>
<p>The upper (newer?) missile has a one piece white body, the yellow engines clip in, though I have not figured out how. 'Not worried, I'm not taking that one apart.</p>
<p>The older one is all held together by the bolt, and comes apart as shown. I'm going to make four new yellow engines for it. It appears that the one white fin I have with it has broken off the very aft white part, so entirely different arrangement.</p>
<p>I'll still have to figure out how to make a red nose cone which fits in the trolley, and looks nice....</p>
<p>P.S., my posts display "(less than)P(greater than)" marks all over, what are those?</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #14

Platinum Boarder
You will see on the bottom of where you enter your message that there is a button that says "Quick Reply" Use that for posting. YOu have to use "New Topic" bottom left at the end of the line, to start a new thread, I only put a little info in at the first go. I get going with the Quick Reply and that will take all the HTML > < etc, out. Don't edit or it comes back.
Also, If you doing a large write up it is best to copy it BEFORE you post as some members have experienced data loss when posting and are logged out and can't get their post back. I have a couple walk around's if it does happen though.
I copy almost every post before I post. Just like this one.

Re: Corgi Bloodhound Missile 3 months, 3 weeks ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me on the lower missile that there should be four fins from the configuration of the lower parts of the engines.
Does the same job as the little silver cones at the bottom of the upper, newer model