Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster

Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>I picked up this Corgi 469 Routemaster in a rather large action lot a couple of weeks ago.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I thought it was pretty cool since in Canada Eaton's used to be a national sales icon with department stores in every major city across the country.</p>
<p>Eaton's Trust went out of business in the mid 80's and their department stores followed shortly afterward.   In downtown Toronto the major shopping mall is still known as the Eaton's Centre, even though there is no Eaton's store in the mall.</p>
<p>Other items in this lot included a wack of Lesney 1-75 regular wheel series cars and trucks, two King Size car carriers (DAF and Guy Warrior), A minty Superkings DAF car carrier and the COE tractor portion of a Dinky McLeans transport truck (I suspect another code 3 for this one, since the trailer is next to impossible to find separately)</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Also got a nice 1968 Hot Wheels Super Rally Case that include a couple of Redline Hot wheels.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by gcladd.

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That McLean's is on my wish list, someday....

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have several Routemaster busses and also in the original package. I like yours.</p>

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #4

thanks for pointing the Eaton RM out to me. It is one that is still missing in my collection. Do you sell it?

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
Probably not, it is a nice add to my collection as well...it's just so Canadian

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is what I liked about it. The Maple leaf and Eaton's, an iconic store here in Canada. Too back it is gone. 1869 to 1999 when it went Bankrupt. Mom shopped there for years and also Woodward's. 1892 to 1993. $1.49 Day was always a hit. There was a jingle too.</p>
<p>Click on the arrow to hear it. Retro or what.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Here is the jingle won't work with the p's in there.
soundcloud.com/newsleader/149-day-woodwa...gle-with-the-whistle

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #8

Expert Boarder
I used to work in Port Moody back in the early 80's when I was in school. Pretty scary that I actually remember that jingle from my stint on the west coast.

Woodwards had an awesome store in Vancouver just North of Gastown on Hastings Street. It was always a pit stop when I got off the Seabus coming from North Vancouver on my way home. They were always price competitive with Eatons and Sears if I needed a pair of Levis or a shirt. They had a grocery store (pre Walmart Superstore) that was pretty impressive also.

Re: Corgi Promotional Item - 426 Routemaster 1 year, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes, as I grew up in Vancouver and one of my sisters and her family live in North Vancouver I know all the places and stores you mention. The Christmas displays were the best along Hastings at Woodward's, Eaton's and Hudson's Bay. All gone now due to on line shopping. A shame really as every time I buy something like clothing on line it never fits and has to be sent back for a refund. I gave up and only buy toys and things I can see at our local stores. Then I usually buy them there as it is cheaper than online. Even with free shipping if you shop around you can find it in a local or near local store for the same price or less. You should all try that sometime.
  • Page: