Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bat Trailers

Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Found a Bat Trailer (second generation) on the Houten Toyfair for 1 euro. Lucky me I can now do another conversion of Batmobile and Bat Boat. This means I have to take the whizzwheels off and replace them by metal Bat hubs. As this one is mint, maybe it would be better to swap it with the trailer in my collection. Well, this came as a surprise......</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Well, two different types of hub. the bottom one looks the best to me. The other looks like Matchbox or Hot Wheels type pattern.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The wheels on the bottom trailer appeared on models in the 1977 catalogue.

Rollerman.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Both trailers are mint. As they both have different wheels, I have a problem which one to use for a conversion.</p>

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #5

<p>If they were mine I'd keep both of them and hunt for a beater. And use your magic to transform it</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I would agree with that. Just depends on if he can find any and how much are they?

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I mentioned I found this one for 1 euro. On Ebay they go as far as 35 euros.</p>

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Wow, that was a bargain!

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #9

Junior Boarder
<p>Never seen that model before. Cool </p>

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Sure would be nice to have toy fairs or places where toy owners and sellers can get together like they have in Holland and England. Then we too could find deals like that. Alas, it is not to be here in BC Canada.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I just happen to be born in the right place at the right time.......

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here are some pictures of the Bat trailer first generation. Also from the Batboat.</p>
<p>
picture upload</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Are those 2 different issues? I see that 2 of them have bumper guards inboard of the wheel fenders and the other one does now. Seems to me to be two different types of trailer.

Re: Bat Trailers 1 year, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Besides the inner frame both trailers and boats are completely different.</p>
<p>Version one has metal semi spoked wheels, rubber tyres. Through the bumper guards you can see black plastic parts sticking out. These click on the boat and hold it in place. They also function as suspension on the axle.</p>
<p>The second type is more simple. Thin axle, just clamped onto the frame. Whizzwheels, and on the front and rear one small pillar standing up, on which the boat clicks.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
  • Page: