Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I bought this Cortina super to code 3 , I was going to smooth the sides out & paint it like the standard Super with a whit side flash & roof, however closer inspection told me it would not look right considering how the car fits together. It is surprising the amount of parts this model has. Sort of code 3 finish as painted in Ford colours & painted the roof white.

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks great and did not Kees just show one or two just like this the other day? I can't remember which thread though.
It sure is an improvement from what it started out as. That pale green with white roof and wood side trim really suits the car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice restoration! Unusual colour there.

Don't suppose you know the correct tread diameter for these tyres, one person on ebay is listing 13mm , however  the only other tyres listed are of the 12mm or 15mm Corgi Generic sizes.

Which is it?

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
15 mm tyres will do. Well done Andy, but as we know, it is an easy one with the 'separate' sides!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
15mm standard Corgi round treaded tires.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The colour is very near to Ford Spruce Green it is a tad lighter , my aim as said was to smooth the sides off & paint a side flash & white roof.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 years, 8 months ago #7

I really like the green color, good Job Andy!
  • Page: