Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I am about to start resto of a Chitty Bang Bang and would love some tips/pointers. I know this resto was covered quite some time ago, but all the pics seem to have disappeared.

Any help?

Baz

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Pictures probably gone due to Photo Bucket no longer hosting pictures on other sites unless you pay about $100 per year. I am replacing mine but it is time consuming and cumbersome.
As to the Chitty pictures, not sure if they will be put back or not.

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture that i have found on the WWW.

As you can see, a lot of pieces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BazF

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to this forum Baz. Please tell us something about yourself in the introduction thread.

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
That photo you have from the WWW is missing parts. I don't know much about them as I have never had one complete here. I do have a wreck missing many parts a friend set me a couple years ago with a Batmobile in pieces and missing parts too.
I can see the front fan (wing) and the people are missing so have no idea what else is missing from the above photo.
There are a lot of parts to them though. A real toy engineering feet.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 2 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
front wing, rear wing, rear top section of the boat tail and rear seats. all the tyres, all the people, front headlights, rear lights.
maybe most of the jewels, and the snake horn, with likely the toolbox.

that is off the top of my head having restored a few.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by RVREVO.
  • Page: