Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load.

Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
A friend was off to a toy fair a few nights ago, and asked if I wanted anything.

I have always fancied a Corgi Heavy Hauler set, but been put off by the price.

I  gave him a budget of £40, and was stunned when he called me later to say he had got me (what I think) is this 

www.constructionscalemodels.com/en/scamm...-haul-corgi-cor17701

Seeing him Monday, and will then start searching for a load for it.

He did mention the only thing that in his opinion let down a fantastic model, is the wood in the base of the trailer. 

Is there an "upgrade" for this?

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I do not know this set but others here may. Is it a real wooden deck or is it just simulated by painting or using plastic? If the later you can always paint it. If it is a real wooden deck you should be able to stain it. Just tape off the sides and ends so you don't get stain on the paint. It will wipe off if you do get any on and a bit of thinners in a cloth works well. It sure looks like a nice set though and a large Motor or piece of equipment would look good as a load.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I do not know this set but others here may. Is it a real wooden deck or is it just simulated by painting or using plastic? If the later you can always paint it. If it is a real wooden deck you should be able to stain it. Just tape off the sides and ends so you don't get stain on the paint. It will wipe off if you do get any on and a bit of thinners in a cloth works well. It sure looks like a nice set though and a large Motor or piece of equipment would look good as a load.

It has a cheap horrid plastic base.

Light beige and shiny. Amazed they let it out, given the superb quality of the rest of the model.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
It is a shame when care is taken to most of the details on a model but they do something like a plastic deck or canopy etc. You would think they could do a better job. Plastic is expensive.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #5

If the plastic deck can't be removed, then the only option is to go for a large load that covers the complete deck. Problem solved I think,
If you can remove the deck, there are plenty of ways of making your own wooden deck. How about Popsicle sticks?
Or if you are very patient: matchsticks

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
You should also be able to go to a good wood seller and get a sheet of veneer that will work. Here I can get them about 1 foot square but I have to go to the Okanagan or to the Coast for them. You can get veneer strips for cabinetry for doing the edges of your wood on project and name the wood, it is made.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Cheers all.

The deck is removeable, will play with matches (even though my mum told me not to!) over Easter

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Have you a McDonalds near you or coffee shops the wooden stirring sticks are more to scale,

if you click on FORUMS ,then scroll down the list to Trucks,lorries,vans&more

click on that and scroll down to " Employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work" you will see a load i made for a 1;50 low loader using the stirrers.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Pictures upload is described in the Testing theads page 2 post #22.
You can still get to messages and some of your profile if you use the dropdown list where you log out upper right of the screen. Then click on "Settings" on the left side of the box. Go to 'Preferences" tab and on the left of the screen you see a black box with My Messages at the top. There are others in the list and some have fly outs so you can see your photos, friends and more. I can view my received and sent messages there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder

Thanks Jim

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Corgi Heavy hauler. Need a load. 2 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Nice crate and fits well with the trailer too.
  • Page: