Corgi Ford Car Transporter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Ford Car Transporter

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 6 years, 2 months ago #31

Expert Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Okay, not a big deal. I was going to tell you about Rob at Model Car Parts (look it up, all one word) in Holland and Steve at Model Supplies in England. They both have the parts but the silver sticker does not seem to be available from either supplier. They are both on the net. I also have a store on eBay but my prices are more and then the postage from Canada to you.

Ordered the mirrors and exhaust stack (they have ladders too) from Holland and they arrived today - perfect!

Hosted on Fotki

But it had already occurred to me that I'll have to get the cab off and glass out to install them properly. So I'll leave it till I've done a resto or two and and know my way round - then repaint the cab while I'm at it.

Thanks to all for the input.
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by peekay.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 6 years, 2 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
This is the Ford Tilt Cab. There is a part at the front top of the grille that needs to come out to get the cab apart. Little silver plastic piece that says Diesel on it.

You can see from the picture below that there is forked prong that goes into the truck and holds it all together. that is what has to come out and if it breaks, you can't just glue it in. The complete interior and the lower part of the cab that the ladders are held in by are held in place by this clip. 

I should have told you to get one of these too. I have done at least 10 of these and only 2 or 3 did I get the clip out so I could use it again. You need a find dental tool. I use the one second from the right in the picture below. Anything fine but strong will work, needle or pin maybe?
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 6 years, 2 months ago #33

Expert Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, good to know. I have dental tools like yours - and I've seen the "diesel" badge for sale somewhere. I have three cars soaking in my paint-remover and these will be my "practice" restorations - then the truck. Actually just the cab, the rest is not too bad.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 6 years, 2 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Your welcome, glad I could help. Looking forward to your first efforts.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 9 months ago #35

Gold Boarder
<p>Re the Diesel badge holding the cab together.. I have never stripped one of these before. Thank you so much for that I had been scratching my head all morning trying to get that apart..Ian.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh plus...Where is the search box on Planetdiecast?</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by misterpop.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 9 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Ian: Top Right you see your user name. Click the drop down arrow and then Settings. In there look for Preferences on the right near the top of the page. On the left you will see selections in the black boxes. Hover over the top one Forums and then slide right and down to Forum Search second from the bottom. Click that and you have it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: misterpop