Corgi Ford Car Transporter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Ford Car Transporter

Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Just got this transporter and it makes a nice display as is - but if possible I'd like to get replacement plastic mirrors, roof horns and exhaust stack. I've searched without success.

Hosted on Fotki

On the other side the chrome background for the "Corgi Cars" sign is pretty shabby. I think I could cover it with Bare Metal Foil but then I'd need the red transfers. Any ideas?

Hosted on Fotki

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi PEEKAY
For the Horns and mirrors look at the "HOLMES WRECKER 1142, there is someone selling the Horns on Ebay.co.uk listing number 251918343089
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
Thanks a lot Luff, I'll check it out.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #4

Senior Boarder
Luff, I had already come across those parts but they are quite rough metal castings and postage is a bit steep at $13. I think I'll either leave it as is or construct something myself out of plastic.

But thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Peter, I just sent you a PM. it will show up in the right corner when you use the drop down arrow like you do to sign out of the site. Let me know if you got it or not.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Model Car Parts Holland sells replica mirrors, and I think also the horns.

I restored several of these transporters in the past, in fact, there are TWELVE on my workbench right now in various stages..........
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes and I did a set of 8 cabs for a guy who reneged so I sold them all to recover costs and kept one for me. I have done a few over the years that were complete but with the Transport trailer, not the car transporter. I really like this cab.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #8

Senior Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Peter, I just sent you a PM. it will show up in the right corner when you use the drop down arrow like you do to sign out of the site. Let me know if you got it or not.

Nope

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Okay, not a big deal. I was going to tell you about Rob at Model Car Parts (look it up, all one word) in Holland and Steve at Model Supplies in England. They both have the parts but the silver sticker does not seem to be available from either supplier. They are both on the net. I also have a store on eBay but my prices are more and then the postage from Canada to you.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
Yes, I know about your store, Nobleco - I ordered window decals for the Dinky ambulance I'm restoring just a few days ago.

And thank-you Keesie - Modelcarparts has the parts I'm looking for. Now I just need the "Corgi Cars" decals with the corgi dog.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Rob should have these first two decals.

This is for the 422 Bedford Van

For the 1101, this has white letters and I make my own with black letters, #124A

All are on the store but only 1 left of #109
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I did not know that was you for those window decal.They left a couple days ago and it usually takes about 10 days to get there but sometimes it is less.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #13

Senior Boarder
Thanks for the decal suggestions Nobleco. They're not quite right though and I think I'll just cover it up with foil in the meantime and let it sit for a while.

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Hi Peekay, For your 'chrome' side panels you could try chrome tape. It's sticky backed aluminium tape but with a shiney surface, I believe it is used by electricians to put a conductive surface on windows for burglar alarms and such (probably obsolete now with 'electronic gadgets' for everything). It's about 2 inches wide and a bit thicker than bare metal foil (and easier to handle). If you can't find any ,let me know, we are coming to the U.K. in early Feb and I can post you a couple of feet .

Re: Corgi Ford Car Transporter 2 years, 10 months ago #15

Senior Boarder
Thanks very much Terrytoo. I do have some chrome tape but it wouldn't work because it wouldn't "snuggle" into the fine engraved horizontal lines in the metal. BMF will do that.