The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary

The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Received my brand New Lotus Esprit Submersible on Monday. 

The  switchblade spring release is excellent all round.

There are 10x rockets on the sprockets so was able to put 4x rockets in my old classic British made Esprit.

Was always a favorite to collect.

Richard k

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I do like that one and presumably it was made from the original model's tooling (still have an original model in it's window box!) and I may be tempted to get one. I'll have to tell my Bank manager I need it in my collection...Ha! Ha!

Rollerman.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I am certain you can afford this directly from Corgi.

I highly recommend it.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thank's Richard. Yes, I think I can, that's quite a ggod price!

Rollerman.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
One of the 'New' cars is the Ston Martin DBS.

I am glad Corgi is making some new cars.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #6

Senior Boarder
Vey cool model I like that a lot.

Really doesn't look much different from the original one I had all those years ago.

The mk1 Lotus Esprit (even the ones that can't swim) are such great looking cars.

In the Spy Who Loved Me apparently the Lotus test driver who took the car over to (Sardinia I think) got the job of driving the Lotus in the chase sequences as he was better at it than the official stunt driver. How's that for a cool job !
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Webley.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Was subscribed for partsworks for the Aston Martin DB5 in 8th scale. Fairly certain read it there. It is not that unusual to let more expert ppl to do stunts. The Lotus Testdriver was simply more experienced handling the Lotus to its extreme and it would have saved the Producers a ton of dosh in the takes.

Anyway, the old ones are easy to find.
There are some tiny differences. The telescope is different and the rear rocket jams are brand new. With my old one the rockets are protruding because the jammers are worn out.

10x rockets on a sprig meant i could complete my old one and still have a couple spare.

Maybe I should share my 007 collection. Got enough to fit two shelves in my display cabinet

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #8

Senior Boarder
If by share you mean post pics I'd certainly be interested to see them.

Can I just ask, how does the new release Lotus compare to the original? I'm tempted by it however after my recent disappointment with the Corgi FAB1 I'm a bit wary.

Cheers

Dave
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Webley.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Richard does have quite a good collection as he has shown pictures before and it would be nice to see them again here, yes please Richard!

Rollerman.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Why not, every one likes James Bond and his cars.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Webley wrote:
If by share you mean post pics I'd certainly be interested to see them.

Can I just ask, how does the new release Lotus compare to the original? I'm tempted by it however after my recent disappointment with the Corgi FAB1 I'm a bit wary.

Cheers

Dave

Heya Dave, yeah can show a few pics online.

As for the Corgi FAB1, Corgi has a conniving habit of selling retooled models as brandnew when in reality these moddls have been around for a while.

The new lotus works better.

The old lotus has worn out parts.

It was described.

Its quite easy to hire ppl for sales and marketing who are extremely goid at marketing but know nothing about the product they are selling. 

I see this often on eBay when somebody is trying to sell something for more than its worth.

Getting back to the FAB1... i have two versions of those. The latest one was restricted to the UK only because of a new TV series being produced. However i have great contacts and managed to get one from a friend anyway. His proces are reasonable.

Earlier in the year found an older version of the same wonky plastic corgi. Personaly i think they were originally manufacturedby Carlton.

Like i said Corgi cheats and rarely brings out a new model.

I am stunned when they do bring out a brand new model though... its been three Aston Martin and likely because the james Bond franchise is popular.

Richard k
Last Edit: 3 years ago by RVREVO.

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me - 40th Anniversary 3 years ago #12

Senior Boarder
Hello Richard, thanks for the info' much appreciated.

I look forward to the pictures !

Cheers

Dave
  • Page: