Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #31

Fresh Boarder
Cherry Picker! How could I have forgotten that name?  And you say there was a distinctly different  model just for high lamp posts?

If you could I would like to see a picture when you can......
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by marc-rob.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
I have taken a look in my Great Book of Corgi (GBC), as I am not a big Corgi Collector. AS Keesie says, the Jeep 150 Forward Control  is used many times by Corgi. For you, it is the Conveyor on the DC Jeep that you are concerned about. Here is a picture. The truck does have a number given to it by Corgi, that is the 64 you see in the name of Steve's site. The only pictures I can find are on Modelcarparts site and they are of the belts., no mention of instructions so Steve is your man.
Below is the picture of your truck with man and grain bags as it appears in the GBC

I am assuming that the pins your talking about having to remove are like the one at the head or left side in this picture. You can burn off the end with a dremel or file it off. Drill a 5/64 diameter hole about 1/4" or less into the end and then glue one of my rivets into the hole. It will looked dimpled. I sell them in packs of 10 that fit most cars and small trucks for Dinky, Corgi and King Size Matchbox toys. They need a bit of filing in some cases as you can see from the picture below. That should make it much easier for you to do the restoration. I had one of these years ago but no body was making the belts so I sold it on for a good profit. Now that the belts are available it would have been nice to keep as it was in near mint condition. Oh Well, hind site and all that.

Hope that helps you some. You can always PM me for more information about my store too.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Here are some pictures of the other Jeep FC trucks. You already have the GS 64 version.

Plain truck, number 409

The tower truck comes in Red too.
Number 478

FC Jeep with Canopy, number 470
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Great, thanks for those pictures Jim. The cherry picker came with and without a figure, and also as a gift set with lamp post. I have all of those, but first things first. I dug up the pictures of the conveyor.

Here my conveyor box.......note the rubber from a bike tyre is already there.

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
This is how I did the simple resto.

I took a strip of hard black plastic, cut it to fit in between the ridges.

I placed part of the old tyre undereath, clamped it together with the hard plastic.

I started cutting the parts that were clamped.

Then I just moved the clamps to the next part to cut.

Then I had the exact rubber I needed.

I then glued the parts together. Of course the system does not function that well, due to the fact you cannot put the rubber on that tight. However, the result is a model worth showing.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Here a picture of some more variations. For nr 470 I have a plain box and a window version. Some are still not assembled yet.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #37

Fresh Boarder
Keesie..... I'm in shock at both your "conveyor box" and the variations of the type picture.....  No doubt that CORGI had always been more popular and plentiful outside the states, but i'm sure it took a great deal of effort on your part to seek these out and smartly took them in any condition for future needs.  And your display of the various cherry picker type reaching up to the street lighting is just wonderful....It brings back the wonderful memory of visiting the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg several years ago.... You don't have to be a collector to appreciate the work they do......  Have you been there?

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Thanks MR. Never been to Wunderland, heard a lot about it, it is gigantic!

No need to be in shock. As a matter of fact, I have so many of those conveyors because everybody near me gives me old Corgi models, and there is always a conveyor involved. I can't remember actually buying just 'a' conveyor. This gives me the chanche to experiment with al this old stuff. There is no point doing up another conveyor in the same colours, same as Batmobiles, Astons, Corvettes, Landrovers etc.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
You have quite the imagination there Kees. Love the elephants on the truck.
Speaking of Miniature Wonderland, My wife and I were there last year and your right, it is fantastic and over 500,000 hours so far by two brothers who had the original idea. Computers and workers run it all now. Sure enjoyed the time we spent there but the crowds made it a bit hard to get good pictures and after a few hundred my battery went dead on me.

Well over 100,000 people too.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #40

Fresh Boarder
And here's the "Operations Center" your referred to from my 2012 visit...... It's likley been revised several times since then.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
It was not that easy to see as it is walled off, from what I remember. There was a write up about it and the number of computers and I think 8 full time staff on them all the time. There sure was a line up when we got there but as I had reserved a spot for Tracy and Me, it was just walk up the stairs, go to the pre paid line and walk right in after paying. Easy as Pie. We were there last May and it was fantastic. Want to go back someday and do it again, stop into Amsterdam again and visit with Kees and Theo and Jan and hopefully Gerrit too this time. Then we would like to do a tour of England and do some castles and museums and see small villages and the countryside. What little we did see going by train to Leicester to see Steve Flowers was enough to make us want to come back. Maybe next year or in 2019, only time will tell for sure.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #42

Fresh Boarder
I'm a Tech Guy who loves anything like that so it was not a busy area when we visited. We have good friends who have a home several doors down from us who have their main home in Northern Germany. We've stayed with them and then gone on to the river cruises that led us to the Museum... which we were  unaware of till we were told about in on the boat. It was wonderful, and the biggest surprise was how much my wife enjoyed it as well! After we discovered the very risque scenes hidden amongst the main displays, it became a game to see what else we could find.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I was more into the buildings and designs as I was a house builder for many years. Did Apartments, Townhouses, Water Treatment Plants, Resorts, Cabins in the bush and Cottages at the lake. Was fun for 30 years so to see the village section near the front doors upstairs when you go in and down the hall, was great. 5 or 6 dioramas of the town from earliest settlement of Indians and then settlers then a small village and on up to a full city. The kicker was you can follow the conquests and wars of the place from attacks on settlers to raids on castles and on up to the World Wars. Was really quite something as the last few from pre WWII to after were dramatic in the destruction and the details they went into.

Re: Corgi FC-150 Instruction to Replace Conveyor Belts 3 years, 4 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Here are the last three pictures of the village.

There were more but these are the only ones I took pictures of. From before WWII, during and after.