Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Vanguards only.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
I agree Jim, while I can recognise the cars as the Australian motor industry was fairly varied, I am sure there are people not familiar with some of these cars. Doesn't take much to type a short description

Thanks, appreciated. I did go back and edit the first set of posts to include the names of the cars that was so kindly made available. Thanks again for that Greendolly.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
VA023 10  A cute little Austin A35, part of the set AU3002 Austin Centenary, Year intro 2005

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
VA 44000 Austin A60 Cambridge, Year intro 2000

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
Morris Marina VA06300  Teal Blue  Marina 1800   Year Intro 2001                           VA 06301 Harvest Gold  Marina 1300   year Intro 2001

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
VA 27009  Tobacco Leaf  Rover 2000   Year Intro 2000   Ltd Ed 4000

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I thought I was doing well with the truck part of the series of toys, I see there are lots more cars I am going to have to collect.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
still need more cars like my Morris 1300, and maybe a Wolseley Hornet or a Riley Kestrel

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
Oh, me too! I love collecting Vanguards!!! I don't know how many I currently have, but it's probably 20-25 or so, mostly Morris, Austin and Triumph.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
A quick one before I go to the swapmeet in Brussels. Rover 3500. GCO777N is made by Corgi (from a TV serial) but KXC is a Vanguards model.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
More views of the Vanguards Austin A60:

Three Bay Garage diorama by Chris*4, on Flickr

Preiser boy & Corgi Vanguard A60 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Corgi Vanguard Austin Cambridge A60 front view by Chris*4, on Flickr

Cheers Chris

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
Nice pictures and nice garage, Chris. Home made?

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
Hi Chris,

I'd be very interested to know what that other car is in your garage pics. From the back it looks like the previous model to the Farina styled Austins - An A50 or A55? Have Corgi/Vanguards started producing those now? If so, I MUST get one!!  

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Terrific garage BTW. I love the moss on the roof!  

Dave.

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Hi Chris,

I'd be very interested to know what that other car is in your garage pics. From the back it looks like the previous model to the Farina styled Austins - An A50 or A55? Have Corgi/Vanguards started producing those now? If so, I MUST get one!!  

Hello Dave

The other model car is a Lansdowne LDM 70 Wolseley 15/50 that has been refinished by John Roberts. John painted the model in two-tone colours of Off White and Island Green with a cream and tan interior. The standard Lansdowne version was not issued in two-tone.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chris

Re: Vanguards only. 9 years, 9 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
Nice pictures and nice garage, Chris. Home made?

Hi

The garages and base are indeed home made. They were scratch built by Richard Brady.

Cheers Chris