Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Vanguards only.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #166

Platinum Boarder
Hi
All the vanguards you list are after 2000 when Corgi ( Leicester ) owned the vanguard name so maybe the pureness of the mazak from China was not the best.

Lledo (  Enfield)  went out of business at the end of 1999.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #167

Platinum Boarder
At least you know why your suspension failed. Horrible way to find out though. I have a number if Vanguard from the Lledo series and they are all fine.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #168

Platinum Boarder
I have a large collection of these models all boxed & un-touched, dating back to the start of them I hopefully have had no problem & no knowledge of this problem, do you keep them boxed or out of their boxes on show in a cabinet with lights as different element can affect any model.

I have not looked at this topic before & it is great to see the models displayed like this.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #169

Platinum Boarder
I have had no problem with mine and I have some in the 1990's and a few from 2001 and up.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #170

Platinum Boarder
I kept the red Marina in its box but the previous owner may have displayed it for a while as he was once a big collector of Vanguards. He recently sold the rest for a tidy sum as there were a lot of sought after 70's Fords etc among them. He's a good mate actually but I'm not holding it against him!

I never keep my Vanguards in a lighted cabinet, only a plastic one I have. And they are rotated regularly as I don't have space to display my collection.

Re: Vanguards only. 4 years, 2 months ago #171

Platinum Boarder
that's heartbreaking when stuff like that happens. I have this issue with a few Russian made models I have. At least it will still display well if you can manage to "fastened" it together. I used JB weld. Not pretty, but no one sees the bottom.