Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Bulldozers

Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
I bought two Corgi Euclid bulldozers off eBay recently. One is very complete and in very good condition while the other one is missing the exhaust stacks and has light surface rust on the bare metal surfaces and the bottom pan.

does anyone know if there is a reproduction part for the exhaust stacks?

Tom

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #2

Gold Boarder

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
They only list a driver. Thanks though....

Tom

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
thats ok bud did not reliese that there was two 1102's

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
1102 with blade you move by hand and 1107 with a lever to move the blade up and down and also a driver was added. Otherwise, they are the same as far as I know.

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #6

Tom, you can use two nails to imitate the exhausts

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #7

Expert Boarder
True. The originals are plastic, so was thinking about using some plastic rod and turn it to the correct shape. 

Tom

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #8

that is even better, I thought they were metal!
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Good on you Tom by solving your exhaust problem with a little help. My question is by the looks of your photo on the Corgi bulldozers is there is two colour variations.

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #10

Expert Boarder
Thanks. They are soft and slightly flexible.

I am not very knowledgeable about the dozers. They seem to highlight them with the Corgi "Rocket Age" vehicles in the old ads. I collect the "Rocket Age" vehicles. These are my first dozers...

Tom

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Good on you Tom by solving your exhaust problem with a little help. My question is by the looks of your photo on the Corgi bulldozers is there is two colour variations.

Tom did not answer this question...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krieglok

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #12

Expert Boarder
Really? There are two different colors in the pictures. One is lime green and the other yellow. I don't know which one is earlier, if they came out at the same time or what. That is why I said I didn't know anything about them. That is why I posted here, perhaps to gain some insight as to the histories of them. 

Tom

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tom the first of the series looks like being the yellow one while that lime green came out a bit later.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #14

Expert Boarder
Thank you, Jim. I haven't had a chance to really research them. They are quite massive and heavy!

Re: Corgi Bulldozers 3 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I will quote the Great Book of Corgi for you.
#1102 Euclid TC 12 Tractor with Dozer Blade, Issued in 1958 and with drawn in 1963 Scale 1:41. Sold in Yellow but also in Lime Green. Sold - 136,000
#1107 Euclid Tractor with Dozer Blade, Issued 1963, with drawn 1966 Came in Yellow and also in lime green, Same info as above but only sold 80,000 units.
Difference being the operating mechanism for the blade lifting and lowering and the driver figure were added.
Hope that clears up which came first, both, just depends on when it was put to market and there is no information on the color change dates that I can find.
  • Page: