Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAF Land-Rover 351

RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
A recent addition to my military collection. A fairly nice RAF Land-Rover in the box...

I like seeing the original store tags on the boxes. This one is for Bamburgers store and it originally sold for a $1.25!

Tom

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That's a nice model & I too like the old price tags on the boxes, I  started up a topic on here on price labels a while back.

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
I have a couple Dinky catalogs with the hobby shop name stamped on the back. I acually found one from a shop I frequented in my youth some 40 years ago! They didn't sell many Dinky models as the hardware store down the street seemed to have cornered the market with a big counter top display...

Tom

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Be nice to see them , are the shops still there?

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
I will dig them out and take pictures of them. The shops are long gone, unfortunately. It seems all the childhood haunts disappeared after I moved away in 1987. The brick and mortar shops in my new location didn't last too long either. The local, quality toy shops just dried up so fast. I miss them...

Tom

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Price tag too included with the RAF land rover that is in really good nick from this side of the screen.

Cheers Tom.

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Nice very nice indeed

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #8

Expert Boarder
Hallo,
I have the trailer with rocket and this Landy tinplated canopy.

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Me too while a couple of spare Landy's to boot.

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
really nice example, great score !!!!

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Nice original find with box, great!

Re: RAF Land-Rover 351 3 years, 9 months ago #12

Expert Boarder
Thanks! Been creeping around eBay finding buys like this. Not really cheap, but not overpriced. 

Tom
  • Page: