Corgi Classics 9000 series
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Classics 9000 series

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for all that Kevin! Very good information, and it saved me a lot of work. It seems the T-Ford was not the first model to appear then. Good to know Cleemput was wrong, like the statement the Daimler had moving footrests. Also note the lower box of the Daimler was higher than rest of the lift off lid boxes, due to the fact the Daimler was much higher than the others. There was no foam piece, because that would have made the total hight of the inside even higher. This information is based on the fact my parents bought me my one new, without foam, and with leaflet, and a friend of mine had the same experience.
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
You are very correct on the Daimler details and I mention the Two box sizes in the Yellow info box on the page in my post. Toy fair models often get put in the wrong boxes and sellers don't know why a Daimler has problems fitting some boxes.

The whole Corgi 'CLASSICS' topic is an interesting chapter in Corgi's history and my own research fills many pages, so I tried to compress this into my post while keeping the important early Years of the numbering system.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
That yellow box is just a colour blur.

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Jim, here is a non-colour close up image.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Ah, I could not read the yellow part either, but this makes things clear.

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 5 months ago #21

Gold Boarder
This is a great thread and I want to share some photos of the new Classics I bought. First up is the my favorite the number 3 Bentley. It came with the tray/box. 

Got to love the slogan. "Every month new Corgi toys." and "Now and then new Classics."

The number is 900. 

The other two have the lift off tops. No interior finish just plain. 

And the last thing with the cars and boxes was  the paper leaflets .  Here is a not so great photo of them in their new protective sleeves.

Just a couple of more photos. The Bentley's driver is in white. They even moulded the brake drums a nice touch I think. 

I think they are really detailed and handsome models. I have a large Yesteryear collection and the Corgi's are a just a cut above in my opinion. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Classics 9000 series 3 years, 5 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Wonderful to see these and other than on PD I have never seen them in real live. The Yester Years, yes but not Corgi Classics. They sure are nicely detailed and the addition of brake drums on the Bentely is really a nice added touch of realism.
  • Page: