Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding 9 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I guess with the upcoming wedding we can expect more of this ?

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I sincerely hope not. 

Frame.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hopefully there will be something of style coming out of Corgi. After all the company was named after the Queen's favorite pet, Her Corgi Dogs. Maybe a nice bus or a Rolls or Bentley would be nice to see.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
knowing Corgi they'll probably go for their trademark Mini Cooper

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Oh yes!!! Another Mini, just what we need! (or maybe not)

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If its a good model you can allways remove any royal type identity with some thinners of some kind.  I've never been a royalist,dont see the point. Animal beaters.

Frame.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #7

Administrator
They've alrady got commemorative models up on Corgi's site. You can find them here...

They are also very pricy, especially considering that some of them are ancient LLedo Days Gone castings. The Metro sold badly for Corgi back in 1981 and that was back when people actually still cared about Royal Weddings and were all hyped up about the Charles and Diana wedding - I suspect these may do even worse.
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Maybe if they made a Royal Divorce model, it would sell?

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 8 months ago #9

Administrator
I would definitely buy one of those!

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
William and Kate, from the Vanguards magazine "The Collector". Not really what I am collecting.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
They look too yellow in the photo. Are they actually that yellow or is it my computer?

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
They look yellow in the magazine. Maybe pre-production?

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #13

Yeah, looks yellow here as well. Getting lots of hype on BBC America about the wedding, almost every third commercial is some kind of wedding ad. I can only imagine what it's like for you guys in GB. Is the country shutting down for the event?

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Leave it twelve months or so then arm yourselves with a few pennies and pick them up at boot sales and charity shops,get the paint stripper out then....

Frame.

Re: Royal Wedding 9 years, 7 months ago #15

Administrator
Absolutely, these will be in the charity shops within weeks! The Charles & Diana Metro is worth nothing now. I had a slightly chipped one that did not sell on eBay for 99p twice! So I took great pleasure in turning it into a Metro banger model and sold it for £20!
  • Page: