Missing link is also factory error VW 1300
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300

Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
If anybody was following ebay for the past couple months and missed out buying the rare Corgi Juniors VW 1300 transition model, rest assured it is in good hands.

It has the Husky base blank slate with the original wheels and sticker.

However, one of the rear wheels is unplated, which makes this rare transition model fall into the Factory Error catagory, which ofcourse I like collecting even more.

Overall its a clean unplayed model.

Yellow is slightly lighter than the Husky mustard colour.

Richard k

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice model and to find an unpainted wheel to makes it extra special. Nice catch Richard.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #3

You did well Richard,
Did it set you back much?

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
US$48 for the car
US$46 for GSP Pitney Bowes ebay post
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Oh, I do not buy if the item is in the GSP. Not sure about NZ but here in Canada, used toys come in duty free. Even if they are mint in box, just old, no duty. I don't understand why the program does this. Here, I can contact customs and get my money back if that is the case. Have you checked with your customs and border people to see if these toys have duty on them? If so, the American plan of the GST would be a scam. They can't charge Duty on and item that has no duty coming into your country. Taxes like Sales Tax or Good and Services Tax (GST) here in Canada appy over a certain Dollar Value, $150 I think.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jim, there is no duty on items valued under NZ$400.
What GSP pitney bowles does is a flat fee that covers all expenses without loss.
This way the items, big or small get sent to their own sorting plant in kentucky ohio where they get repackaged lightly.
I have had one large item wrapped in a loose bubblewrap sheet in even a thinner box, only enough tape to shut the box, but not enough for long distance travel.
Once in kentucky they use their own customs who get paid that US$20 fee to give permission to leave the country with a colorful expensive ebay/pitney bowes sticker to mark their involvement in the process.
In the meantime, other smaller items that can get sent for far less, and usually do are arriving quicker.

I gave had a few times that GSP gave the lame excuse that an item was deemed too large to send, in stark contrast to their parameters of size being within the margins.
I asked the sellers each time to not use GSP as they have a habit of not sending thru.
Each time the seller trusted the system and got burned. They were so surprised to get a full refund as the GSP refused to return the item.
The fourth one came thru. But only after i threatened them that i was gathering evidence of mail fraud, that if they wanted this to go away to send they items immediately without delay.
If there is anything i learned about crimd stories is that it takes at least three similar habitual patterns to see a serial tepetitive offense.
As I received my money back that did not stop me to pursue the matter. On the contrary, they paid me to find out as far as i can go.
Only debunkers coin the phrase conspiracy theory.
I see patterns which peak my interest.
Most of the time i am wrong.
Evil triumphs if good men do nothing.

In the case of this final model that i needed to complete my collection. It is extremely rare. For my own satisfaction into completing the project there was no other available with that chassis.
That is what makes the Husky vs Corgi Juniors transition models so desirable.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I understand what your saying and to complete a set is the main point and you have succeeded in that and your happy with the price you paid so no problem. Too bad that system even came up in the first place. Another money grab if you ask me. Some people have been charged the import taxes on that GSP program and then find out that their customer also had to pay import duty. They got it back but what a hassle. Just let the country that is receiving it decide and then charge the customer. I just got dinged by Taxes here on a Model Car parts order of €135.00 not including shipping cost. Came to $198.20 CDN according to Canada Post's form and they charged me$33.73 for PST and GST on the package. A good 16%.
I usually ask a seller to take the item out of the GSP if they can and they usually do. Some don't even know they have signed up to it. I think I wrote about it in the On Buying and Selling/EBAY section of our forum.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
From a US Govt website

"Get an Export License or Permit

You do not need a license (DOC, Download Word Reader) to act as an exporter in most cases, but certain items require a license or permit from various government agencies before they are available for export.

How to Get an Export License or Permit

You can contact your local port of entry to find out if an item for export requires a special license or permit. You can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at the port where the merchandise will exit the country if you have additional questions.

For information on exporting wildlife, please contact a Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) port of entry. There are five countries for which shipments of nearly any commodities require special licenses for export.

Regulations of Exports outside of the United States

Every country has regulations that apply to all mail and items coming into that country. Please check with the foreign embassy or consulate of the country where you will be sending the items."

Very few items require a license for export, usually it's items like, weapons, computer parts, endangered species ( dead or alive), high value antiques,
Certainly not toys/models e.t.c.
H.T.H
Terry

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes, but when you have a matchbox sized car you have paid less than ten bucks for, you really do not want to pay 50 bucks to get it posted to you.

That is just plain silly

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Consider this..........try using a courier company.
They collect from you.
They charge by weight, generally the first half kilo is expensive (say $25 ) then each half kilo is much cheaper say ($2) and they deliver to the recipient.

Here's an idea as to how it works (into the U.K. )
They divide their shipments into 3 categories.
dox (documents)
dutes (dutiable items)
low value
These are bagged usually up to about 30 kgs per bag, and marked as above.
Upon arrival all the bags are taken to a warehouse controlled by customs (a bond), customs are at liberty to examine all/any thing there. They have 4 hours to do so, then they must decide to release the bags or hold them (another 24 hours max), documents & low value's are usually released far quicker, dutiable items will be looked over fairly quickly and released with an invoice (duty & VAT) to the courier co (acting as an import agent) any suspect /iffy/questionable packages will be locked away (in an ullage cage) to be examined at leisure, recipient/importer will be notified .The courier co return the cleared goods to their warehouse where they are sorted into delivery rounds, then they are sent out (usually next day) with invoices where necessary, immediate payment is usual, because the import agent has to pay customs immediately.
So for low value items (£120 U.K., Jim's C$150 , and Richard's NZ$400) there would be NO charges to the recipient (unless there is an anomally), and you get it delivered to your door.

You can also request a collection from a seller if he doesn't want to deal with a courier, but there are extra (not cheap) charges, and lots of opportunity for mistakes.
H.T.H.
Terry

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
But i still don't get what all this has to do with a toy that can be sent by normal tracked post in a jiffy bag for US$7 via USPS and getting it in 5 days delivery to paying US$48 to Global Shipping Products with a delivery time over 3 weeks, using the seme bubblewrap jiffybag.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
That is exactly why I say it is just a money scam. I think it was for higher priced goods. It was brought in due to the number of packages going missing in international mail. Claims were going through the roof with eBay, Pay Pal and here in Canada the Post office. Therefore they started this program up.
I agree with Richard about the sillyness of a $10 toy with $7.00 shipping having to go via the GSP for about $25 to $40. And it takes longer, why, I do not know.
I get my parts from England (always tracked) and Holland (usually tracked). I have never been charged duty or taxes with any order from the UK or NL except for this last order. I think I just got unlucky.
As to Terry saying it is only in customs for a shot time and if longer waiting is needed for inspection the customer is notified. I have seen my tracked packages sitting in customs, both coming to me and ones I send to customers, for up to 2 weeks and either myself of my customers were notified so that throws that theory out the window. They may say that is what happens but in reality they can and to hold it for up to 2 weeks. Specially at Christmas time due to the volume. That is one reason to make sure your overseas gifts get off before now.  I currently have a package from the UK that was mailed about the 7th of this month. Tracking shows it spent 4 days in Missassauga ON Canada and has now spent 4 or more day in customs in Vancouver BC Canada. It is showing being in Vancouver this morning. I should have it later this week but usual mailing time from SF is 8 days and has been all year, why the change now?
I will not buy from a GSP seller unless he removes it from the GSP and send regular mail. Specially from the USA as almost everything there is tracked these days. Silly to pay for more when it is not necessary.
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jim
My post above is about imports into the U.K. USING a COURIER company, and customs in the U.K. basically the 4 hour and 24 hour 'limits' are 'self-imposed', i.e. this is what they aim for. Customs everywhere have far more power than the police, so basically they do as they please, and that includes holding as long as they please. When you MAIL items it does NOT follow the procedure I outlined. if you MAIL items they are subject to the MAIL company's procedures. I have explained what happens in the U.K. before, the mail company AUTOMATICALLY generates a customs entry (needed or not) costing £7 to £15 , before adding duty & tax (20%) on the whole lot. INCLUDING the shipping you have already paid for in country of origin. U.S.P.S. have a reciprocal arrangement with Royal Mail so this is what happens going TO the U.K. by MAIL ,I assume similar happens going west. the courier companies DO NOT generate the customs entries for LOW VALUE items, Royal Mail generate a customs entry for EVERY shipment, irrespective.
Hope this makes it clearer.
Terry

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the explanation and clarification on this. I don't use couriers as they are over double the cost of Canada Post, even just to go to Vancouver, about6 hours drive from here. I can mail a small packet to there for about $9.00 to $12.00. Via Courier the cheapest is over $20.00 and if you add insurance the cost goes up from there. Last time I looked it was over $50.00 to get the same package back east and if I want to send it to the UK it will cost about $80.00 or more. Not cheap so I never ever use it. Customers will not pay that price and if, like you say they charge on the shipping cost to the UK, why would any one use it? Must be valuable stuff. I have never heard from anyone in the UK that they were charged duty or taxes. I do know that Germany and I think Switzerland have a $25.00 limit for free entry into the country. Not sure about other countries as I have been asked to keep the price below that. I can't of course, as that is illegal.

Re: Missing link is also factory error VW 1300 4 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
If anybody was following ebay for the past couple months and missed out buying the rare Corgi Juniors VW 1300 transition model, rest assured it is in good hands.

It has the Husky base blank slate with the original wheels and sticker.

However, one of the rear wheels is unplated, which makes this rare transition model fall into the Factory Error catagory, which ofcourse I like collecting even more.

Overall its a clean unplayed model.

Yellow is slightly lighter than the Husky mustard colour.

Richard k

Just bought the other missing link. Postage is likely from eBay Gloval, but in retrospect it is a rare model that will not come up often. When it does, you have to poince on it.

• Page: