Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Corgis

My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I hope to show you gradually more of my Corgis on this thread so I will start with these;

3 Americans - the Buick Riviera Trans o Lite, Corvette Stingray and Rambler Marlin

The Chevrolet Camaro with take off wheels and the Pontiac Firebird which used the Camaros interior I believe. This car had lost its original folded hood so I decided to fit a Camaro erected hood which fitted pretty much perfect.

And the later Corvette Stingray with take off wheels (I bought the car minus wheels but the rest of the car was tidy enough I thought so I fitted a spare set of Corgi Hunter rally car wheels as they were left over from a project years ago). Next to that is a very tidy Oldsmobile Toronado take off wheels version which was a superb find at a toyfair and an upgrade.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Chevy Camero and Pontiac Firebird are the same car. Just a few differences in the front end, body trim, hood are rear tail light details etc. The interiors were the same and the dash would be different. That is on the real cars. The models are the same casting as far as I know with different grilles and hoods.Tops are interchangable. I don't think the folded top for the Pontiac is available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi

Full size the Mercury Cougar and the Mustang share lots of panels (under the  outer shell). This was a race Cougar having a new front end and being returned to a road car.

Before you ask , I just used to trailer the cars about.

Have fun

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here we go. Camaro and Firebird conversion.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
in case you were wondering if the Camaro chassis will fit the Firebird...

yes it can.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
my pontiac firebird had the fold down roof interior. it was a complete wreck when i got it.

i needed its interior for my Camaro.

I used another camaro interior and chassis for the Firebird.

The roof and windscreen are repro.

the Camaro interior has indentations for the roof, and the fabric down does not overlap

Last Edit: 4 years, 1 month ago by RVREVO.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Oldsmobile Toronado is one of my favorites to collect.

everybody will either get the met.red or the blue.

but the rare one is the gold one with golden Jacks.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #9

yes I remember the conversions of the pontiac
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
its was so much fun once was enough.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
An interesting and nice idea for a conversion RVREVO, by the way my Olds Toronado is a take off wheel version.

I think you bought my old yellow gold Toronado for spares off me from Ebay actually as I remember your name from a Facebook group and I also sent it to New Zealand!

Interesting to see the details of how the Camaro and Firebird differ, and of course another Corgi Camaro which is sought after by some is the dark blue with white stripes and hood car with Whizzwheels and fixed open headlamps.
Last Edit: 4 years, 1 month ago by CollectorandrestorerMark.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
indeed the Whizzwheels Camaro is sought after.
does pop up from time to time.

i like the gold Toronado with take off wheels.

now there is also a green one. very rare.

Re: My Corgis 4 years, 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
really nice models, thanks for sharing!

I have both as well and practically mint except the Firebird has a broken suspension which I doubt I will open to fix as it still displays well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My Corgis 3 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder

Bumping this up with a few more pictures of Corgis from my collection;

Chevrolet Corvair - restored

Ford Mustang fastback - restored

MGB GT with repro box - restored

Comparison with a take off wheels Rover 2000TC and the Whizzwheels version. I restored the take off wheels version but bought the W/W car at a car show as is stands. It has been restored but quite basic

Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by CollectorandrestorerMark.

Re: My Corgis 3 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Unrestored but I bought the driver and repro box; E type Jaguar competition.

My two Austin A60 driving school cars - one RHD, the other LHD. I bought the LHD one when I attended Houten in 2009 with Keesie! Both restored now in the correct colours.

Whizzwhees Rolls Royce Silver Shadow coupe - very tidy one, which I got in a swap and well pleased with! I have the Bentley version too and a reasonable condition take off wheels version too. Will get photos up if wanted.

Whizzwheels Ford Cortina MK3 GXL's. In all 3 colours for the civilian version. I had the police car version as a boy but have one ever bought tatty police ones for conversions and repaints! The Maize yellow one on the right is a promotional version only produced for a short time to coincide with the launch of the real car in late 1970. Has LHD but I've seen some with RHD.

The Citroen SM

Volkswagen split screen microbus in my colours after restoration. Slight chip on the bumper since then while in storage but I've sorted it out since the photo.

Lotus Elan S2 hardtop coupe. I restored this one in the colours of the Elan Sprint version

Lancia Fulvia Zagato - restoration

A VW Karmann Ghia type 3 - Also a restoration

Sorry that some were blurry but I took them in a bit of a hurry while having a collection re-arrangement. Enjoy!
  • Page: