Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover

Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
I see the 330 come along with different colours of the engine compartement cover.

Most of mine have a blue one, but I have also seen transparent and some with a yellow tone.

Does someone have an overview which body colors were combined with which hood types?

Are the transparent ones repros?

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wolfgang, buy the E. Force book, it is all in there.

Mine are yellow and blue.

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
Thanks, Keesie.

I always believed, my "Great Book of Corgi" was the perfect companion...

In order to get a taste for the level of depth of the E.Force book, could you reflect, what it would state in regards of my question?

Thanks in advance
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Insightman.

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Wolfgang, I did not mean you cannot place questions, it is just, you place so many about Corgi variations, that it is best to buy that book. By the way, comparing the E. Force book to Cleemput cannot be done. Cleemput is not only more expensive and bigger, but you can also read it like a 'good book'. Force's book just sums up all the variations (Cleemput does not), and has small pictures of all the models in rows.

About the Porsche 330:

330-A: Upper body, lower body-base, and opening rear castings, clear windshield and canopy, tinted engine cover, black interior, gray SW, (?), driver, clear headlights, red jewel taillights, silver mirrors, nr 60 and lettering decals, suspension, cast eight-spoke wheels, plastic tyres, Same casting as 371A, which has whizzwheels.

1. White body, red trim, blue tinted engine cover
2. White body, blue trim, amber tinted engine cover
3. Same as 330-A1 except racing number 1: GS12-B (I don't get that last code, anyone?)

I did not realise there was so much to write about a basic model. Mind you, they forgot to mention 'detailed b/s engine'  'Porsche emblem on base' 'steering'  and 'front spoiler flaps'.......

Enough typing for one night........
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #6

Gold Boarder
Thanks, Keesie - thats pretty detailed information, indeed.

Must have this book.

Found the second version for quite a reasonable price at Amazon.

Read a comment that picture quality on second version is not as good as first issue - can someone confirm?

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The answer to that question......is not in the book.

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
Good one

Will give it a try...

Re: Color of the Corgi Toys 330 Porsche Carrera engine compartment cover 4 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
The answer to that question......is not in the book.

that was a good one
  • Page: