How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental?

How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
I wonder, how many different images were available for the Lincoln Cotinental

If I remember right, I once owned 6 of them - were there more?

How many were available per car?

Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Insightman.

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder

You can see them here www.corky.fr/?page_id=517
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insightman

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
5 on strip, 1 already in car. This is easy to find out, all over over the internet.  Here the alternative box.

Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
Thank you.
I promise to investigate more carefully, before posting the next question.

Saw some repro bubble boxes years ago, but haven't seen them for quite a while...

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I never realised they came on a strip with the model. Thanks for sharing !

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Gold Boarder
May I stick to the Lincoln for a moment for one more subject:

When examining the battery case on the underbody, I found a bulb in the front of the underbody (not in the battery case itselves) - see photo.

Did Corgi deliver the Lincoln with a spare bulb, located in this place?

Tried to remove it carefully, but socket and glass were already separated...

Are these bulbs still available in our days from an ordinary electronic shop ?

Under which official "code", they would be registered - 1.2V is clear but the thread?

(I know that repros are sold via Ebay)

Last one: label on car says "new battery holder incorporating swithch" - does that mean there were different types of battery holders (as it was also the case for the ambulance)?

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
As I don't have one of these cars, I can not comment on the battery holder or the extra bulb. I have been looking for these bulbs for my store for about 3 years now, on and off. I do know they are #112 mini bulb and are 1.2 volt and 0.22 amps. TL3 mini screw type. They work off an AAA battery

The bulbs on the internet are usually the larger 1.5 volt bulbs for AA batteries and I have them. My supplier, one of the largest bulb makers in the USA does not make them anymore as they have been replaced with LED's where they were used, often in small flashlights and such.

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yes, Two types of battery holder and the Second bulb was a spare supplied by Corgi.

The earlier version of your car had the switch built into the baseplate and was not a very secure design, so they improved it by building it into the battery holder itself.

Do you have the battery holder for the model shown in your picture, it would be nice to see it.

Rollerman.

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #9

Gold Boarder
I got two Lincolns.

Was not aware of the difference until now - thanks!

Have only one battery case - the one which is foreseen for the "switch on car" version - so cannot help, but would also be interested the holder type, I don't own...

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
OK, here we go, the Two types of battery holder for the Lincoln Continental Executive.

Above, note the switch built into the baseplate by the side of the battery holder.

Above, note the switch built into the battery holder.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: How many different "TV screens" did exist for the Lincoln Continental? 4 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing Kevin.
  • Page: