Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
It is a tax-sticker. In the UK you used to have a round plate behind your front window, stating you paid road tax. Corgi did small stickers which you could place on the front screen. I think they were an extra and did not come standard on models.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Keesie is correct. The 'road fund license' was a paper disk 4" /10cms ish diameter.
the colour denoted if you had paid for a full year or just a quarter, a stripe across had the expiry date printed boldly so the police could read it easily. It went through various changes , colour denoting the current year e.t.c. Eventually being dispensed with in 2014 I believe.
I assumed as they were often on the inside of the screen (on the Dinky's) that they were factory installed.
H.T.H.
Terry

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Terry, as I mainly have Corgi, those stickers are on some of my models, and on the outside. Corgi's certainly did not come standard with a sticker, as some models have one, while others of the same type do not.

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
is it a tax disk or a RAC badge from a Corgi Toys Self Adhesive Accessories pack?  They had a few.  See:

www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/messages/27...2323.html?1164229280

and last page of the 1966 catalog:

www.car-collector.net/catalogue-corgi-19...logo-corgi-1966.html

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Karls, I knew they were listed spmewhere.....I have all those booklets form 1956 up to 1974. They are also VERY handy for other things. I used them for making the window adds of the Corgi Mobile Exhibition, and on several occasions I composed boxes with drawings of the models, that are not anywhere on the net. I also have some sheets with those chrome/black numberplates.

Re: Corgi Golden Guinea Gift Set 4 years, 2 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I have a couple of un-opened set of these some where, they also have "Running In" stickers for the rear windows, note the whitewall tyre stickers like the ones on my Ghia picture which also has the tax disc on. When I find them i will post pictures.
  • Page: