All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys

All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I mentioned this book on the Corgi Trading Cards topic. Well here it is , I have fond memories of reading this book by torch light under my covers after my mum & dad had said good night to me. It is a fantastic book which combined real & everyday things with Corgi Toy cars & pictured them with cartoons. At the back of the book is a model check list which went from 1956 to 1969 I have photographed some pages for you to enjoy.

It was published by Century 21 Publishing Ltd.

Last Edit: 7 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #2

Superb book, thanks for showing. The hunt is on....

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I still have my original copy of this book, but in later Years when my collecting of everything Rolls-Royce and Bentley became serious, I cut out all the pictures of the Rolls-Royce models...!

I have since managed to secure another copy that I intend to keep in good condition and have thrown away all the Scissors from the around the House!!

Rollerman.

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Of course I also have that great book!

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Looks like a wonderful book, perfect for any 60's boy who was into cars. Comics, info about the cars, photos and once you'd "fallen in love" with a car, you could go out an buy (or probably more likely: pester your parents to get the) Corgi model of that car.

Never seen it before, which is strange since I grew up in that era. Maybe it wasn't sold here in Denmark?

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ah the Corgi all about cars book from the Anderson publishing stable not as good as the TV21 annual but I'm biased...

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Can you photograph some of this book , as I have not seen it.

Re: All About Cars book Compiled in association with Corgi Toys 7 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I think Michael is reffering to the Worlds of Gerry Anderson as featured in the Century 21 published Annuals called 'TV Century 21' from 1965 to 1968 when the 'Century' name was dropped from the title to be just 'TV 21'.

These carried articles and adverts for Corgi Toys.

I am not aware of a specific Corgi Toys annual under the 'TV Century 21' title, only the Corgi book we have been seeing in the above posts.

Rollerman.
  • Page: