Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review

Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
The latest color variant of the Morris Minor 1000 2dr saloon has arrived limited to 5000 units.

Quality is what you would expect for a Corgi model that has been in production since the late 1980s. The detailing is superb, may need to a tach the wing mirrors.

Looking at the interior the dash is correct with the single large speedometer prominent in the centre console.

Lights are jewels, plenty of silver trim. Chrome hubcaps. 

It is such a treat.

However, flip it over and you get greeted with Vanguards Lledo. The realistic chassis details are superb, but this Morris is not made by Corgi at all.

That to me as a Corgi Collector is very disappointing.

Shame on you Hornby for your sleight of hand tricks. The least you could have done was redesign and emblazon the chassis commemorating Corgi 60 years.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #2

I agree Richard, the base is very dissapointing. But the car itself looks great and detailed
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hornby/corgi have been doing this for a long time.
How are they getting awards for excellence and then cheat on the cars?

If ever I get around to displaying all the morris minors in my collection, that is going to be interesting reading

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Totally agree with you RVREVO though (Hornby) own both brands , in the 60th year of corgi you would think that the design team could get it right OR.is it just the Chinese factory just said that will do ?

Just looked at Hornby website promoted as one of the 60th anniversary models BUT has been given a lledo Vanguard code  VA05808  ???
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I just keep hoping that someday, somebody will make a model of the late version, with multi-coloured big taillights and front turn indicators.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Been done.
Scale 1/12 Sunstar
With really bad hinges.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the tip. I've now checked the Sunstar model, but for some reason I think they got it all wrong...

Yes the lights have become bigger and multi-coloured, but somehow they still appear to be undersized and lens colours look wrong. Can't pinpoint exactly what's wrong, but I grew up with that car in the family (first my grandad, later taken over by my dad) and I'm still taking photos of 1:1 cars every now and then... and the model just doesn't look right.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It failed mostly on the hinges. At the scale they tried to make it realistic instead of practical. End result all hinges on bonnet and bootlid perished.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Post Withdrawn
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
These have nothing to do with Corgi 60th Anniversary, which was my review on that model.
Your thread would be better suited as a separate posting.
They are not even Corgi, and they are bigger.
They are also friction motor pull-backs.
Now in the past I used to hi-jack a thread, but I strive not to do that anymore.
Show me the same courtesy.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Not Sorry.
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Ok Rvrevo  so you used to hijack threads and you still haven't learned any common courtesy . I have read Andys post on here and it was just another snippet of his knowledge which added  to the thread in my opinion. But your reply left me gobsmacked ? I think you owe Andy an apology

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
We are all here because of One thing...enthusiasm, we each take our enthusiasm to different levels, but if we can not share each other's enthusiasm we need to step back a bit and look at the whole picture, just to reset our views on other members enthusiasm of given subjects.

I can understand why Richard wanted this thread to be a review of a certain model and it would naturally attract other members to make comments directly connected to the Corgi model, but it must surely attract comments from members about other brands of the same car and this is what Andy has done, bringing another brand of the Morris Minor to the discussion and pointed out certain details that may or may not be correct, and Richard would have also made comment about the accuracy of the Corgi Morris Minor model and he could have compaired it to the model Andy has shown, this is how many of the threads run.

For some reason Richard has seen this material as having no contribution to the thread and has used certain words towards Andy to upset him and this is not what we really want to see on the forum.

I have to ask Richard if he is OK, because this is not his way of thinking, not the Richard we all know!

Please Richard can you make us understand why you said those words in a way that has given cause for a member to to leave.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi 60th Anniversary: Morris Minor 1000 review 4 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I have said this before that if a person wants to write a review and does not want other comments to interceed on that review, they should start a BLOG. Comments on models and even showing similar or like models in the same thread has been going on for years. Richard has done this before and so have it. Take a look at the Dinky 24b Limousine Tread where I interject Tootsie toys right in the middle of the topic. No complaints there.
Sometimes moods can effect us in ways we do not expect and we act rashly. Think this over next time you want to make a comment on something not on topic. I recently complained about another memeber ranting about putting items into his post and he removed all the pictures. He is still a member and doing just fine. Blogs are where you put things you don't want others to do anything but comment and read,
  • Page: