What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from

What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
Hello,

as I most probably will never ever hold one in my own hands:

Can any forum member tell me something regarding the look and feel / thickness and material of the Corgi playmats used for the Silverstone and the BP/Shell gift set?

Best regards

Wolfgang

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #2

hello Wolfgang,

I really don"t know, never seen one in the flesh before

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have no idea elther.  I don't have any of those sets but others do.
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The play mats were made of a thin plastic sheet similar to the old fashioned plastic table cloths (like the ones you can still get for children's parties), they were folded up so as they fitted the box.

I agree that these are very rare , did someone not once show a petrol station boxed & complete on here with in the last couple of years?

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Is it this what you mean?

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is the type of plastic, although the play mats never had the card in them, they were just the plastic material.

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Is this hard to find?

Re: What is the material like, the Corgi playmats were made from 4 years, 3 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
Hello,

in case your question is referring to the tourist carrying case:

Haven't seen one in good condition for auction since 6 month.

As for the gift set relevant playmats - have never seen them sold seperately...

These trading cards, foreseen to slide in underneath the parking deck of the tourist case as well seem to be rare finds?

Best regards

Wolfgang
  • Page: