Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi finds in Dinky home

Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Despite being a straightforward Dinky Toys fan, some Corgi Toys 'got lost' in my home for various reasons - as I discovered this morning when picking some out of various corners. Not the brand itself, but other reasons made them enter my house. A little overview:

I bought the Corgi Austin Metro in July 1983, after this one became my second car.

This Corgi Classics Mersey Tunnel Recovery Land Rover Breakdown was given to me as a present by a collector friend in December 2004. knowing about my special interest into the Mersey Tunnel and everything related.

Three years before, in 2001 I bought this Corgi Magical Mystery Tour Bus on a Beatles - Dinky Toys - Maritime History pilgrimage to Liverpool.

This Corgi Goldfinger set came out of a cupboard, a collectors item of 2003 owned by my son, a James Bond addict.

And this 2003 James Bond Film Canister 8 Piece Gift Set also showed up from my son's stock of toys.

And finally this Clipperfield Horse Box, which was simply given to me in the company of many other Corgi and Dinky Toys, several years ago. Sold in the mean time.

Altogether more Corgi Toys than I expected! Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Well well, finally you admit......as you know we say in Holland: you are falling off your belief. I think you will turn to Corgi in a few years.......
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Interesting mix of Old and New Corgi models. I really love the Chipperfields models, they hold so many memories for me and my intention is to eventually get some back into my collection.

I see them at almost every toy fair I go to and say to myself...Yes, that's the one I'll get today, carry on looking at the other tables and find a Rolls-Royce I must have instead...ah well, maybe next time.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Jan, what is that picture behind the MMtour bus? Is that the LP, originally only released in the USA?

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie
It certainly looks like the album cover. We bought our Magical Mystery Tour album in the early 80's in Amsterdam, 'Maxi's' or 'The Copper Horn', can't remember which. Disposed of it 2 months ago ( with about 100 other 'vynil' albums) when clearing the house to move.
Have fun
Terry

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hi Terry, that is a good memory! Don't  know Maxis as a record shop, but I do remember the Copper Horn! (Koperen Hoorn in Dutch).

I am a Beatles fanatic. Besides the Corgi models I have all the Beatles vinyl singles, the 2EP set of MMTour, mono and stereo CD's. The recent addition is the theluxe set with a big picturebook, the DVD's and very nice: a new copy of the 2EP, which is exactly the same as the old version.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The cover in the background is the regular double EP.

For the rest I'd better refer to:

www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...7&Itemid=0#51959

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie
Maxi's was a supermarket out beyond Diemen. We used to shop there on a Saturday morning, picking up albums some days. Beatles stuff we had a Sgt Peppers picture disc and a Dutch 'Mooist love songs' album, can't remember any others. I remember getting my first & only Santana 12" disco single (Holiday) at the Copper Horn.
But as they say 'that was long ago in a galaxy far far away'.
Have fun
Terry

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jan, that was a great story. I did not know it, because I was not a forum member yet.

Terry, now I know, Maxis (without ') was indeed a big shop near Diemen. The Copper Horn, I think it was on the Rozengracht, behind the palace on the Dam square. 

Here some of my singles-boxes, and the MMTOUR de luxe set.

Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie
John Lennon's chauffeur used to live in a place 'Hampton' and the road was a well known 'rat run' between Hampton Court & Sunbury/Feltham, and the Roller was often parked outside his 'council house'.
Terry

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Nice one Terry, you must have spent some time mouthwatering at it.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Keesie, not a Roller or Beatles fan. It was just John Lennon's yellow Roller.

Re: Corgi finds in Dinky home 4 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Well, you bought some Beatles records here once, so you must have like them....
  • Page: