Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Thanks RM , a great lot of Corgi boxes there! All those are already in my files. Nr 441 Toblerone is there for the one who wants it!
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Here are the facts.

just email me if you want both the recto and verso larger pictures.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #63

Expert Boarder
Corky wrote:
Here are the facts.

Thanks Corky!

Please check your messages, write me back when you can.

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
Should there not be a measurement from the top of the card to the top of first cut out or the height of the cut out?

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Ooops !
I will tell you tonight.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
BlauchenL331 wrote:
Corky wrote:
Here are the facts.

Thanks Corky!

Tom

No message !  ???

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #67

Expert Boarder
Corky wrote:
BlauchenL331 wrote:
Corky wrote:
Here are the facts.

Thanks Corky!

Tom

No message !  ???

I don't know seems messages don't go through here for me, please write me to my email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Should there not be a measurement from the top of the card to the top of first cut out or the height of the cut out?

33 mm. Sorry for the delay.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
BlauchenL331 wrote:
Corky wrote:
BlauchenL331 wrote:
Corky wrote:
Here are the facts.

Thanks Corky!

Tom

No message !  ???

I don't know seems messages don't go through here for me, please write me to my email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Tom

Mail sent.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 7 months ago #70

Expert Boarder
Perfect Stephane, thank you so much!

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 6 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
Blauchen/Tom, I sent you a PM.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 6 months ago #72

Expert Boarder
Well, with all that welcomed help from Corky and his ORIGINAL TOL card, the man from ebay, has put together a semi-matt/matt version of the card again, this time with the right specs, hopefully it will work this time and give an attractive base to display my Toblerone VW Bus.......... We'll see?

Naturally I will post photos when they get here.

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 6 months ago #73

Expert Boarder

Hello Everybody!

I finally received the Reproduction TOL *Trans-O-Lite* Promo-Display cards from that Ebay seller and I think that they are now very close to the original in both look and feel, I think that they make a very nice facsimile and it really looks cool in my VW toy collection.

I want to say a special thanks to  Everyone here at PD who helped me with specs and details and also scans to make this attempt at the TOL card worthwhile. ~ Thank You!

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 6 months ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 6 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
It looks good, finally!

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 6 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Nice one Tom, that does look really good and worth the little bit of hassle you endured to bring it to life and Yes, big thank's to the forum members involved with it, once again the collector's community spirit is in evidence, give yourselves a big pat on your back.

Rollerman.