Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Here it is in a display cabinet with the Monte-Carlo Rover.
In fact, the Rover Lights really seem to be turned on.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #17

BlauchenL331 wrote:
Hello Volks!

Well, I am going to wait and see how the AUSTRALIAN version of the Repro-card is and if I'm not satisfied with the look after some studio pix, then I would say yes, then it's time for a BETTER project and I will pay someone to get it just right, the AUS cards were something like $9/$10 each, I bought two so I could give someone for their Birthday and then to check it out with my 441.

Tom

Tom,

did you buy it at Blades Collectables (Brian) ?

If so, I commisioned some special boxes for me and the are great quality

Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #18

Expert Boarder
No, the link this here on this thread from an Evilbay auction......

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #19

Expert Boarder
Corky wrote:
Here it is in a display cabinet with the Monte-Carlo Rover.
In fact, the Rover Lights really seem to be turned on.

Beautiful Collection Corky!

Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
These Trans O Lite counter display cards usually sell for £200-£300 for the real deal and there are fakes out there that are sold off as genuine so be careful

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Besides very expensive originals, which hardly anybody can afford nor desires, well made repros are probably for sale for a few euros.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
Besides very expensive originals, which hardly anybody can afford nor desires, well made repros are probably for sale for a few euros.

Some people can't/don't or don't know how to leave a link to an ebay auction.

See item number 251944641036
Link to auction, below.

www.ebay.ca/itm/Boy-Oh-Boy-Reproduction-...c:g:Tj8AAOSwcwhVRYwb

$18.99 plus $9.00 postage both in AU$ Cheap enough I suppose.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #23

Expert Boarder
It's nice to see we have a few Volks here have an original one  to refer to.....

I have ordered like I said 2 of them from AUS in a package deal, (he told me I might be getting some postage back?)  And then I'll see how good it looks in the collection and with custom lights etc.
And if it doesn't fly then I'll plan another Repro?  

As for the *original* stuff like that, I always hold out first for a high quality Repro, or well I have been after one of these for about 3 years, but still  would NEVER pay a crazy price for it.
My passionate collecting going into Tekno's and Marklin's and some Dinky Volkswagen's, I have a set  price on what I think a box is worth, sometimes I find one under that max price, but most times I just sit back and watch the bidders go krazy over some printed cardboard, LOL!!!!
Thanks again to everyone who has posted here helping me with the original photos and the Evilbay link to the AUS auction.

Tom

P.S. Now if someone just KNEW where I could find a 1980's *German* produced REPRODUCTION Tekno Herbie 819H display window box?????  ~ The original is just too expensive. :/ 

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #24

Never seen the box, is the figure part of it?

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #25

Expert Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Never seen the box, is the figure part of it?

Yes, all part of the toy......very rare!

Tom

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I also have never seen this toy. Complete with 2 figures is nice and I bet it is quite the find and expensive. Box will be very hard to find if the toy is rare.

Just for a note....I print my own Herbie decals for 1:18/1:16 scales as well as 1:43. They sell quite good for the last 2 years now. Do an eBay search for Herbie the love bud tranfers and you can probably find them

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #27

Expert Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I also have never seen this toy. Complete with 2 figures is nice and I bet it is quite the find and expensive. Box will be very hard to find if the toy is rare.

Just for a note....I print my own Herbie decals for 1:18/1:16 scales as well as 1:43. They sell quite good for the last 2 years now. Do an eBay search for Herbie the love bud tranfers and you can probably find them

Nobelco,

It has 3 Three! figures inside, which makes it a bomb toy, yes they are rare unboxed in the $200 to $300 range. Boxed? Crazy Money $$$$
I'll post a Tekno Herbie thread here at the site in a short time, featuring my toy which is like Mint Minus condition.
Speaking of DECALS I would like to make the Tekno Sunroof decals that's on Herbie, but without the racing stripe. ~ I'm making a *showroom* Herbie and a *empty* Racing Herbie out of (2) SUPER CLEAN 1969 era White Tekno 819's (see photo below) they look beige, but they are as close to the Herbie white as Tekno used.....

I just have to see if a sunroof can be made to look just like the Herbie sunroof modified without the stripes.....(see below) I just don't have measurement  of the *new* TEKNO decals that are offered ONLINE........

Sorry I have GOTTEN off on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT here, sorry........
Thanks,

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
BlauchenL331 wrote:
Nobleco wrote:

Nobelco,

It has 3 Three! figures inside, which makes it a bomb toy, yes they are rare unboxed in the $200 to $300 range. Boxed? Crazy Money $$$$
I'll post a Tekno Herbie thread here at the site in a short time, featuring my toy which is like Mint Minus condition.
Speaking of DECALS I would like to make the Tekno Sunroof decals that's on Herbie, but without the racing stripe. ~ I'm making a *showroom* Herbie and a *empty* Racing Herbie out of (2) SUPER CLEAN 1969 era White Tekno 819's (see photo below) they look beige, but they are as close to the Herbie white as Tekno used.....

I just have to see if a sunroof can be made to look just like the Herbie sunroof modified without the stripes.....(see below) I just don't have measurement  of the *new* TEKNO decals that are offered ONLINE........

Sorry I have GOTTEN off on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT here, sorry........
Thanks,

Tom

No matter. If this would not happen, it wouldn't be a forum. Just a database.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #29

Expert Boarder
PRETTY DISGUSTED!

I received that Repro card from Evilbay and it is 100% junk, crap, sh*t, good for nothing waste of money.
Card is a cheap thin paper on shiny stock and the ramp angle is all messed up and cut out is too big, the Trans-o-lite 441 VW Bus doesn't even fit on it.

All this time I've been waiting for crap, well I guess this will be one item that I will not have to display my beautiful VW toy.  
(I'm not even going to risk buying a Reproduction box for the #441, because I know they will be just as crappy looking.

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Rarer Than Rare ~ No Batteries or Bulbs Needed! ~ The *Trans-O-Lite* display card 4 years, 9 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
This is such sad news and I do feel sorry for you. If it helps in any way, at least you can now guide others with the information about how bad those repo's really are.

If you can prove the item is not...'Fit for Purpose' you could get a refund. Post pictures of it here so other members can confirm it's apparent quality and create a case for refunding with the help of the forum.

Rollerman.