Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mettoy Garage

Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Mettoy garage with sliding doors. This is plastic and I assume part of a range of accessories to go with the toy cars of the time.

Mettoy started life here in Northampton in 1932 and made a range of toys culminating in the 50's with launch of the successful Corgi range of which we all are familiar with.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by vs-Admin.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
At the bottom of Stuart's posting the text has gone small, wish we could stop this from happening.

Stuart, take a look here for more Garages...

www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk/forum/v...;hilit=METTOY+GARAGE

The "Ghosthunter" poster is me, Rollerman.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for info.

Looks like theres more to be found.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Looks like Coral plastics were in Thorns Rd, Brierly Hill in Staffordshire and made copies of Mettoy products.

Found a few examples of buses for example.

Question is was there any connection between the two?

The garages look like copies of the Mettoy one with modifications on the front.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by vs-Admin.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hi Stuart. My research into all sorts of plastic toys suggests Coral Plastics were making them for Mettoy along with other toys, not just the Garage.

I have found no evidence Mettoy had a large scale plastics injection moulding department. They did aquire a plastics company at some point and again in 1978 they aquired the company making Tudor Rose toys.

I have not been able to find out what happened to Coral Plastics Ltd, they do not seem to have a very wide range of products and they seem not to have been in existance for very long and maybe they were taken under control of Mettoy and dissolved the Coral name.

Rollerman.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I have sent this thread to admin to again try and figure it out. I am wondering if people are hitting a short cut key while typing? Is there such a thing? or is it some glitch in the sytem admin just can't seem to find.

If you use the quote button, you can read the small print there.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #7

Administrator
Fixed tiny fonts posted in this thread. I can only imagine this was a copy paste issue. Not sure where the mini fonts came from.
-Philip

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Philip may be right on this. I have also noticed that when I copy things from Word Documents and also from the internet and then paste them into other web sites I belong to that there seems to be a lot of coding that comes along with.
As Philip says, this may very well be the problem. Watch were you copy from and maybe try posting it in Word Pad first to see if it has code as it will or should show up there first. I do know that if it shows up, you can use the edit button and take it out of your own post. I have to use the Quote button and take it out and then post that that does not fix the original problem. Moderators can take it out of the persons post where it happens.
Hope this solves the problem

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #9

I think you are right , it happens to me too when I copy paste or when I edited a topic

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I just typed in, no copy paste. Using a Mac, could that have any effect on this?

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I use a Mac and Microsoft based laptop and I still get small text appearing in some of my posts, so I don't think it is computer specific.

I have noticed it seems to happen when you have made a spelling mistake and you backspace the cursor to correct the mistake. This has often caused small text to appear in my posts.

In the Three lines of text above, I would like to add another word, but this means moving the cursor back to the position I want to add that word, but fear it will cause small text to appear, so will leave well alone...!

Rollerman.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Do you use the arrows on the right side between the keys and the numbers to move back or do you position your mouse and click. I have used both and have not had these problems. Only times were when I copied and pasted from other web sites or from a word type document. This is strange. I don't know anything about Mac computers so can't help there.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Quick reply is being used. I moved the cursor with the arrows to add in Being. Have back spaced due to spelling have wrong and to take out the I in wrong that happens with my fat fingers from time to time. Lets see

Nope, no small words. even here in the edit.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Mettoy Garage 8 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jim, I do use both methods to reposition the cursor.

Rollerman.
  • Page: