Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough

Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough 4 years, 8 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I only have a small collection of Corgi and Dinky cars, mainly but not exclusively from my childhood.

I have a question about the Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough.

My own (from childhood) is in beautiful condition, and as you would expect has Rubber tyres and independent suspension, but I recently bought another to get hold of an original box for mine.

I researched on the internet, and found that they made a few different colours, and changed from rubber to plastic tyres.

However the 'boxed replacement' has no suspension.

Is this a downgrade/change that Corgi made or have I bought a cheap copy?

Probably a ridiculously easy question for the expert, sorry for that, but I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Re: Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough 4 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to Planet Diecast and we have another British Member. I am from BC Canada. I have a number of Corgi toys but don't have any of the Unimogs. There were differences in the models as the years went buy so your orginal is probably older than the boxed one you purchased. Costs always rose during Corgi's production years and as that happened they cut out things that cost too much to make so they could still sell their models at a reasonable price. Dinky Toys also had the same problems with production costs over sale prices.

There are experts here so one will give a better answer, I am sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tezmate

Re: Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough 4 years, 8 months ago #3

Hello Tezmate,

a warm welcome from The Netherlands.
Could you show us a few photos of the Unimogs? That would be very helpful. There are quite a few Corgi experts and as I remember well, there is a topic about Unimogs somewhere. here
Just do a forum search (left hand side of the menu)
Regards:RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough 4 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I have posted about my Corgi Unimogs in the thread "Been Shopping Corgi" post no.66 and "Best Find of the Year So Far" post no. 14

I have them all (except one possible colour variation I have yet to actually see). All in good condition and unboxed. Missing one canopy and a side mirror. Search the noted threads for pics.

I only collect the original version with knobby rubber tires, independent suspensions, jeweled lights, side view mirrors and metal hubs.

The later versions have all plastic hubs and tires, no jeweled lights, no suspensions, no mirrors.

Re: Corgi 1150 Unimog Snowplough 4 years, 8 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Hello again (Welkom nogmaals? I speak Dutch but I don't write it very well - sorry RoutemasterNL).

Thank you very much for your replies.

I see now it is exactly as described by you all.

The one I purchased for the box, has, as I asked about, Plastic Tyres and no suspension.

No mirrors (which I noticed after 'posting').

But also as you have pointed out, painted on headlamps, plastic hubs and a painted on Mercedes badge.

This must have been a bit of a disappointment if you were hoping for it as a gift and then Corgi downgraded it before you actually received it.

Thanks again to everybody for taking the time to post a reply, it is much appreciated.
  • Page: