Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: more corgi

Re: more corgi 3 years, 8 months ago #736

Platinum Boarder
amarsden5 wrote:

Thanks Jim, How do I edit the URLs so the pictures show?

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, amarsden5

Re: more corgi 3 years, 8 months ago #737

Platinum Boarder
You are doing an excellent Job Jim top stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, amarsden5

Re: more corgi 1 year, 5 months ago #738

Platinum Boarder
black BMW M3 China 1990 and yellow UK 1985

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: more corgi 3 months ago #739

Platinum Boarder

Kiko Corgi Chev vans

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #740

Platinum Boarder

Ford D Series Skip Truck $US2 plus $US20 postage, $7 tax ouch
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #741

Platinum Boarder
Looking good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amarsden5

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #742

Platinum Boarder
That is the problem with eBay these days. All governments had clued into the fact that they can make money off of eBay by taxing the sales. Ebay does the work and the Governments make the money of our backs. Shipping has also gone through the roof of late. Someone needs to come up with or find a better site to buy and sell toys on. I have not bought anything off ebay in the past 6 months mostly due to conflated prices by people who think the toys are worth a fortune because they are old and the cost of shipping, even here in Canada it is expensive let alone sending it out of the country. Most times it is cheaper to mail to the USA from BC than it is from Newfoundland and they are just as far away from me a Florida or Hawaii. To the USA is about $5.00 cheaper on average.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #743

Platinum Boarder
I know what your talking about. When i bay something from Ebay UK for Belgium i have to pay customs fees. So the price for the item on ebay, shipping cost and customs fees. That makes it expensive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim, amarsden5

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #744

Platinum Boarder
Ya, shipping has been crazy lately. I set a budget for items I bid on and it includes postage. As such, I can rarely come close to winning bids because shipping keeps my bids down. Don't even get me started on ebay's Global Shipping Program which we have vented over about here in the past

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #745

Platinum Boarder
Yes. Australia is very similar while eBay has bought PayPal things have changed to a better system, although I really not found of buy now and pay later which is like a credit card usage. Cost you in the end. Delivery and postage costs are reasonably priced though.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #746

Platinum Boarder
And what about trading? You don't pay for the item but you trade. So no customs fees.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #747

Platinum Boarder
If the value is under $1000 dollars I guess so. Anyway it would only be a one way postel gift to you and when you post back to me it would then be the same. That is the same with Pay Pal if it is a gift transfere of cash to you for your birthday then it is a gift here in Australia. Cheers.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #748

Platinum Boarder
James, Pay pal and eBay have been separate companied for quite a while now. Now eBay has started up this Managed Payment system and it is not bad but hard to follow some times with separate tax forms and separate sales forms for what you made. Tax is taken in my eBay and then sent to the various governments. Some countries like Aus take the tax in a different way. I am not sure how it works but for most US states eBay takes the taxes on the sales and remits it to that particular state that the buyer lives in. Now they are charging sales tax here in Canada too, wither or not I have to pay it.

Chacca, there is not tax or duty on toys from EU to EU or GB that I am aware of. It is the value that they take a tax on if over a certain amount. That changes for each country. Wither it is sent as a gift or not does not matter to Canada, it is the value of that gift or purchase that gets taxed. Here I think that is $250.00 as I have not been charged for any toys, new or used and not on any of my amazon etc purchased either. Just what Amazon would charge and being in Canada there is Sales tax on items and a Good and Services tax too (GST) I pay that to Amazon and they pay the Canadian Gov't.
Hope that explains what eBay and Pay pal are doing. They are both separate and distinct companies now.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #749

Platinum Boarder
On every item i have bought lately on Ebay UK i had to pay customs fees.
First i was above 22 GBP that i had to pay customs fees and now on every item from UK to Belgium.

Re: more corgi 2 months, 2 weeks ago #750

Platinum Boarder
Yes Jim, you are correct and I forgot that eBay had Spun Of Pay Pal to become a independent company under stock exchange rules. Thus through the sale of distribution of new shares of an existing business or division of a parent company. Eaby has the managed payment system where direct payment or deposit into our personal bank accounts. Silly me. Getting old and suffering Covid lockdown again. Cheers.