Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: been shopping....Corgi

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
Good one Tick! The front bumper is complete, the tilt is metal, flat hubs, no suspension, tin 3/4 base, and yes, the hook and yellow cord seem original for this model number 417.

What always puzzled me with this model number is this: I have a box for the 417S, so with suspension. Never saw or had the box for nr 417.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
and so the 477 was the later editions then?

I believe the decals to all be original

I purchased the Fodens (I posted in Been Shopping Dinky thread) from a local seller I deal with quite a bit. I saw he had this Wrecker as well and I was all over it !!!!

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
The one I had was the later shape land rover with a plastic canopy & suspension.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Ok,the first one was nr 417: without suspension, flat hubs, no interior, tin tilt, 3/4 base, open front bumper and open booms.

The second one was 417S. This one puzzles me a bit, because I do not have it. However, I do have the repro box. The box was exaclty the same as the one for 417, with the addition of the 'spring suspension' sign, and the number. As the pcitures are the same on both boxes, most likely only suspension was added to the first model, and thne they had to use a full base of course.

The third model was nr 477. At that time suspension was in all models, so the S was left of off all boxes. A new picture was disigned for the box, so you can clearly see the difference in tilts.This third model has suspension, interior, spun hubs, plastic tilt, closed front bumper, closed booms, and officially all cords should be yellow. 

Here my two restored versions. So the 417bon the 417S box, the 477 on the right version box.

Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Tick, the decal on your hood should not be there.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for al the info Keesie.

Mine also has a rescue decal along the back wall of the cab under the tilt in front of the winding mechanism. There are also decals on the back that say "Tie Down" (blurry in pic but that's what they say) There is also a decal just behind the side mounted wheel that says "Do Not Push". From what I can see on other models on the bay right now, I assume these are all not original as well ?????

Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Tick.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Indeed, all of them are not original. Just the ones on the side of the tilt (dog/Breakdwon service) are original.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Still dirty since I got it, so we will see if they come off easy when I clean it up.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Added this too....

No. 235 Olds Super 88 (non original  white tires, but I like them and will keep them)

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
That looks good with the white tyres

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #86

I agree. It is a very well made and preserv d model. Great find

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Very nice.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
also posted this in the thread specific to this model Corgi Angus Fire Streak but wanted to keep my new Corgi thread up to date as well so just a repeat

Now have the red working sounds and lights version to go with my green non electronic one. Mint in box but a more thrifty version with no barriers, figures  or fire extinguisher. Opposite side is all French so maybe marketed for France?

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 2 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
I have the Carrimore Machine Carrier and separately bought the Priestman Cub Shovel thus putting together Gift Set 27. Ever since getting the Priestman a few years ago I have really wanted the Clam Shell version No. 1153 but they were always out of my budget when they came up.

I finally found one in excellent condition and paid a reasonable price compared to what I typically see. After exchange and shipping though,...... oh well.

The box is not so great as it has been written on and terribly taped, but at least it has a box.

Another check mark on the list

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 2 months ago #90

Very good Priestman, well done.