Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: been shopping....Corgi

Re: been shopping....Corgi 5 years ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Yes, a very sturdy model. Solid. Wonder how many kids got wacked over the heads with these by siblings or dropped on toes !!!!!

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 11 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Have tried to avoid the Chipperfield's line up, simply because once you start.....well you know.

But I got this off a local dealer at a reasonable price so I jumped on it. My first Chipperfield model. It's missing the cog to hold the crane/boom in place. I have not decided if I will repair it yet. Otherwise it is complete, although I am no sure the tiger and lioness came with this trailer. I am confident the cats are original Corgi.

This trailer does not have the animal type decal on the back. It only has the "Chipperfield's" decal. Some models also hade decals indicating "Polar Bears", "Lions" etc.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 11 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
Very nice set. Kessie showed us how he fixed up his wrecker when I asked for a customer of mine.
My Great Book of Corgi shows the tigers being with the Menagerie Transporter and trailer set #1139. Elephant is with the Landrover and trailer GS 19. According to my book these trailers should have 2 Polar Bears and tne other trailers should have 2 Lions with Special Lion and Polar Bear Stickers on them. All animals are seperated and in their own cages., Hope that helps. SF has the figures and I can also get them.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 11 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
Yep, the 6X6 truck can be fixed from the outside. Indeed the tiger does not belong to this cage, but should be in the menagerie 1139. Like Jim said,polar bears or lions should be in those cages.

For other sets there were horses, rhinos, girafs, an elephant (which was even done as a kit).

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 10 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
The Crane Truck is easy to restore, i have just restored one.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
I have posted here in the "Best Find of the Year So Far" thread, this picture of my Corgi Unimogs (pre-plastic hubs). You can read that post detail if you like

Just added the yellow open bed version now and am quite pleased to now have all the variations . However, there may be another one, but I cannot confirm. I saw a picture once of the open bed in a light blue with red trim as opposed to dark blue and yellow. I have never seen it again but I will continue to look out for it.

My plow version is missing the driver's side mirror and the blue open bed is missing the canopy. These models are not common over here in Canada. The ones I have all come from the UK or USA. A such, currency exchange and postage do not really make beaters/part donors worth the purchase. I know I can get after market parts, but I like to stick with original. Maybe if anyone in the UK who goes to those frequent shows/sales and finds a good canopy and mirror piece could let me know
Last Edit: 4 years, 8 months ago by Tick.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #67

Good score Tick, Unimogs are great!

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
I think Corgi really nailed their version of the Unimog and put a nice mix of features on it. I had the articulated version in Red and Yellow, but also remember playing with the snow plough version, might have been a friend's model.

Rollerman.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Ya, of all my models these Corgis are high on my favourites. Very solid models. Knobby tires, gem lights, nice detail, bright colours and  4 wheel independent spring suspension. I don't think they used the suspension on these on any other model they ever produced

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
spent some money at a vintage show this weekend (toys and other old stuff).

Not too long ago I managed to find a Bloodhound Missile launcher for the Corgi GS4 (that I am piecing together)  but it was missing the road/grate piece. I found this one in very nice condition at the show for $25 CDN. I though that was fair. I already have the Bloodhound missile (complete but worn), it's trolley and the RAF Land Rover in mint shape

Corgi 1116 Bloodhound Guided Missile Launcher

The same vendor also got me to buy the Corgi 350 Thunderbird Missile trolley, also in nice shape. I was missing this too from the set but I was hoping to find it with the Thunderbird missile one day rather than paying more for them separate. Oh well, another $10 did  not kill me and as you can see very nice shape (neither came with box).

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 8 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
Ah, the thrill of the hunt, that is what it is all about. Finding a missing part of a set makes it even more enjoyable. Nice finds and you will find the missle too one day.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
picked up this wonderful wrecker No. 477/417. It is the first edition with three quarters of a base plate and smooth hubs. Very nice condition and complete!

The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
I have the later version of this somewhere from my childhood toys.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #74

Great car, well done. Is the rescue decal on the hood original?

Re: been shopping....Corgi 4 years, 4 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Nice score and seems to be in pretty good conditon.