Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: been shopping....Corgi

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 11 months ago #196

Platinum Boarder
Tick , Just for information. What you have there is a model of a Ford Consul Cortina Super Estate. U.K. Ford used the word Consul as a prefix for many if not all of the models in the 60's. Consequently you will find, Consul Classic, Consul Capri, Consul Cortina, Consul Corsair. The Cortina you have is a '63 or '64 as they revised the grille in '65.
Have fun
Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 11 months ago #197

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the info! Always something here to learn

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 11 months ago #198

Platinum Boarder
I hope this helps Tick, this is my set which is no'ed 440, this is the colour blue is a different shade to yours , I know this is the colour mostly found in the set, taken plenty of pictures for you, the figures are available on Ebay you often see originals come up for sale, it is a favourite of mine.
Corgi at it's finest.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark, 143Madness

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 11 months ago #199

Platinum Boarder
LOVELY set !!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #200

Platinum Boarder
Corgi Juniors do not typically find their way into my collection but who could resist these....

Batmobile and Copter mint on card

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #201

Platinum Boarder
hmmmm. Been a while since I posted a picture and seems like I have a problem now as do others. I cannot see the photos uploaded. Can anyone else?

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #202

Platinum Boarder
Yes there is a bit of a problem. Oh well you will be able to fix it. Where is Jim when we need him.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #203

Platinum Boarder
Indeed lovely! There were two colour variations, a darker and lighter blue. The car was sold in this golf set, and also seperately as nr 491.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #204

Platinum Boarder
Tick wrote:
Corgi Juniors do not typically find their way into my collection but who could resist these....

Batmobile and Copter mint on card

There ya go, just follow my fix or send me an email and I can send you the walk though in picture form. It is all in the Test thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #205

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Yes there is a bit of a problem. Oh well you will be able to fix it. Where is Jim when we need him.

Middle of a windows 10 crash. Still recovering. Lost files and would not boot no matter what I did or where I got fixes from . Part of the problem was the latest windows 10 update and also a program called Reimage by cleverbridge. Watch out. took me 2 days to get it up and running again after their program crashed on my. I did get a full refund though and lots help from Jose in the Philippines.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #206

Platinum Boarder
Been looking over this thread, and it seems a lot of information was already given in the past (thanks Tick). So indeed there were a read and a blue version of the Consul Estate, and the blue had several variations of blue. I can further add that the wooden sides of the Consul were clevery done. One might think the sides were sprayed, but the wooden panels are seperate from the blue. I will see if I can find some pictures, as I restored several.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #207

Platinum Boarder
Here some. As you can see the side panels are one piece with the interior.

Some restored models.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Tick, CollectorandrestorerMark, 143Madness

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #208

Platinum Boarder
nice to see the 3 variations together

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #209

Platinum Boarder
Good to see the stripped down comparison showing the wood panelling.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 2 years, 8 months ago #210

Platinum Boarder
Latest Corgi Additions

No 325 Mustang. Pretty good condition. Need to fix the front grill decal before its lost forever and see if 9 decal can be straighten. 

No. 58 Beast Carrier which I have posted earlier but replaced with this complete set.

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Tick.