Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: been shopping....Corgi

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Lovely haul of Corgi the camera van is a particular favourite of mine

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
A great model, almost mint I would say. Did you know the cameraman and it's base can be attached to the front and to the rear as well? Also a suitcase was included. May I ask how much you paid? Is there a box?

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Yes it has a box yes it has the black plastic suitcase and yes it has the Corgi/TV21 collector club leaflet as for what I paid I'm not saying....

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Great anyway, here is mine, restored, the total price was about 6 euros. Yes I have the box, and yes, the suitcase is not original. 

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
€6 that's a bargain

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, that is because I bought the model as a wreck, so the cameraman was more than the model. But I like wrecks.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #22

Nice one!
Kees, can you show a photo of the camerman and base being attachted to the van, never knew that and never seen it too.
Thanks

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Here you are, those gadgets are included in those 6 euros!

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Must have a special place for the two tangs on the platform to insert into or hook onto. Can we see how?

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Under the platform there are plastic tabs that grab under the roof rails to hold the platform on the roof. You can see the grey plastic tabs here

Just inside the front bumper you can see plastic tabs (blue) that grab on to the end of the platform with the "L" shaped ends. The "L"shaped tab end of the platform slides into the slot you see below the front bumper.The friction of the blue tabs hold the platform in place when on the front of the van

Similarly, the rear bumper has a slot for the platform to slide into and there are blue plastic tabs to hold the platform in place. These you can clearly see when the platform is slid into place in the second picture

Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Tick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 3 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Tick, Thanks for the explanation and the photos. That clears it up for me. Ingenious method too. Simple but effective.

Re: been shopping....Corgi 5 years, 3 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Dont forget these Commer camera vans came with 2 different colours for the seats this is the other colour turquoise green not as nice as the pale blue but still..

Re: been shopping....Corgi 5 years, 3 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see the real vehicle Corgi based the model and they didn't do a bad job tbh it's the one at the front for those who can't see it...

Re: been shopping....Corgi 5 years, 3 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
GREAT picture, thanks for sharing that!!!!!

Re: been shopping....Corgi 5 years, 3 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
michael77 wrote:
Dont forget these Commer camera vans came with 2 different colours for the seats this is the other colour turquoise green not as nice as the pale blue but still..

Look at that right rear light.......