Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: been shopping....Corgi

been shopping....Corgi 5 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
picked up some Corgi's recently

been after a decent Bedford Machinery Carrier 1131 to go with my Priestman Cub shovel 1128 to make the Gift Set 27. This one is in really nice shape.

I love the Corgi Commers and this 354 ambulance will go well with my 355 army police model

The 479 Film Service Commer has been on my wishlist too but ebay prices are too high for me. This one is really nice and the cost was decent. I saved on combined postage as a few models came from one seller

The Angus Firestreak airport rescue was a score at $5 USD. Very near mint. This is one of Corgi's larger scales. The red version though has working lights and siren. Not sure why they did not include that in the green version. Missing fire guys and barriers though that came in the original box but the oxygen tank (or extinguisher maybe???) and dolly is there!

The Simon Snorkel on the right I have had for a while. The new one on the left came with the box. Both are missing bits, but a complete model can be made from the two with box

The Ecurie on the right was painted by someone on the top deck and hubs. Between the two another complete model will be made. I will leave the paint of the one on the left as is and just transfer the missing and unpainted parts to it

I dont have any Husky models, so this is a great representation for my shelves

and an unopened package of take off wheels for my Golden Jacks shelf (still to be built)

Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Tick.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very nice scores. The wheels are great to have in any collection. Now you need some cars with Golden jack wheels to display this card with.
I have two Ecurie here both wrecks. I need more parts for both so not sure what I will do. I do have a new ramp for one though, so that is a start.
Maybe this winter.

I don't have many fire appliance vehicles in my collection. Not really into them. I did have the Snorkel truck for a while. Missing the basket etc but the rest was fine. Could not even sell it listed at $1.00 due to the shipping cost. Just weighs too much for Canadian postal rates. Like $30 to England and over $20 to the USA, r

Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Those wheels are for the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow if anyone was wondering.

Rollerman.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I give up trying to add to my last post. While trying to write it, Rollerman posted and since then I have had problems. After the r that should be Ridiculous. when it comes to CDN postal rates, they stink. Letter and oversized is mostly what I do now.
Most parts can go that way anyway.
I also wanted to say that the TV Van is one I would like to have in my meager Corgi collection. That's all.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Jim, hope it was not something I did to screw up your posting.

Rollerman.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco, I have all the Golden Jacks. Not mint and no boxes but all display well. A few missing bits. My Rover is missing the rear spare tire cover (but I have a replacement I have not installed yet) and my green Corvette is missing the removable roof sections/windows (T-Bar) 

Yes Canada Post costs are ridiculous. Probably why Canadian ebayers get less prices than others because buyers just dont want pay the higher postage.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Nice ones Tick! Indeed the two Ecuries can be made complete. MCP sells the upper decks, sliding doors and ramps quite cheap. Hope both vices are in the workshop. If you like, I will show you waht I did with a few of those. Good that one of the Snorkels has the tillerman. I also did a Giftset 27 with Priestman which I can show.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi Nobleco
Just waiting for a delivery from Canada it shocked the seller the cost to UK $80 CN TWO weeks delivery or $40 CN four weeks .

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Always like to see other collector's stuff Keesie, please do.

MCP????

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Modelcar Parts in Holland. Steve Flowers is a bit cheaper in general, but you really have to compare the two. I find MCP far more reliable. Flowers takes a lot of time, does not answer, my opinion. With MCP I can pick up in Houten or in Sandown (no postage). Some UK/USA guys even order via me with MCP, because it is better/cheaper.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I dont buy a lot of parts (not yet anyways) but have used SF. He's ok but yes sometimes parts are not an exact fit and he does take a while.

Nobleco from this forum also does parts and he is here in Canada, I have yet to buy from him but have models that I bought that have parts from him and they really fit the part.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Oh and yes Keesie, both vices are at the work benches

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
Sorry Jim, hope it was not something I did to screw up your posting.

Rollerman.

I don't think it was you so much as the system. Maybe it can't handle both of us posting at the same time in the same thread. Anyway, I got it posted.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Luff, from Canada it is all expensive. Even a simple letter is $2.50 to the UK or EU. or the rest of the planet for that matter. USA is $1.20. Anything else is real expensive. They say that due to letter mail dropping off they have to raise the rates across the board to make money but the parcels the handle have gone up about 10 times the number so you would think that would compensate for the lost letter mail. Also, they are taking away home delivery and putting up postal boxes on street corners. Some cities are fighting that and demanding Canada Post take out building permits and pay for the land they use. The boxes are real easy to break into as well. What will all the older people in cities do for their mail now that it is not delivered to the door for them. Go on line they say but not all have computers from that generation. Push push push is all they do so what do we do to fight it.? Mail will still move, even if it is more expensive and takes much longer. From me to my Daughter in Calgary it used to take about 3 to 5 days to deliver a letter. That was last year. Now, the last 3 cards have taken over 15 days and as long as 22 day. Better service they say, faster Delivery, they say. Ya, right, just another corporation's money grab at the expense of the consumer.

Re: been shopping.... 5 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
Modelcar Parts in Holland. Steve Flowers is a bit cheaper in general, but you really have to compare the two. I find MCP far more reliable. Flowers takes a lot of time, does not answer, my opinion. With MCP I can pick up in Houten or in Sandown (no postage). Some UK/USA guys even order via me with MCP, because it is better/cheaper.

I have been using Steve Flowers for over 8 years now. I have been using Modelcar parts for about 3 years. Rob has things that Steve does not have. Mostly French Dinky but many other hard to find parts like the Cannon for the 829 US Army Jeep. Thanks Theo.

Steve has a new man in now. Mik and he seems to contact me with tracking numbers now. It is also a better turn around but that may be due to the global economy and the large slow down I have been going through on eBay. I thnk it is world wide right now.

I ordered my last order on August 4th and it was mailed on August 10, just 4 days after Mik told me he received the order on August 6. It used to be at least 2 to 4 weeks before that happened. He always tried for 21 day turn around but communication was never there. It seems to have changed now. It still takes the mail 8 to 10 days to reach me here in Western Canada but some orders have been here in 3 days from posting in England. Must have caught it all just right for that.