Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue

Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 5 years, 4 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Can anyone enlighten me to the various versions of the Dodge Angus Firestreek.

I am particularly interested in the green version with a "4" on the body.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 5 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Great Book of Corgi only shows the two models, electric and non-electric. Only one color, red is shown and no mention of other colors. I did find this one on Google images though. So it is out there.

Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 5 years, 4 months ago #3

That is a very interesting car, very well detailed. I have never seen it before. Very impressive

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 5 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
It is quite interesting to see how many parts are from other Corgi models on this, ie. the spot light from the police range Rover & the hose nozzle from the airport crash tender

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 5 years, 4 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
Thanks for replies so far.

I notice that Vectis suggest that the green version may be pre-production - I am not so sure.................

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
I have three versions of this model including the green one... photos can be seen at toysnz.com/sites/toysnz.com/files/VBD/Corgi1001/FireStreak.php and clicking on the small photos leads to a larger version. All my references note only two versions (both red) one with clear windscreens and one with black windscreens - no mention yet anywhere of the green version...

Ian

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I posted this one about 5 months ago

check the Corgi and Husky Category and the topic  "been shopping...Corgi", it is the first post of that topic

My picture shows the extinguishing tank and dolly that came with the model. It is stored in the compartment behind the pull out ladder. The model also came with a couple fire fighter figures and some traffic barriers, which mine is sadly missing.

The red version had sounds and lights powered by a battery you place in behind the rear chrome cover. The green model had the same battery compartment but all the electronics were left out.

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The green FireStreak is a later issue.

Part of the "Working Features" range.

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #9

Senior Boarder
I realise it was an older posting but after 4 years absence I've been catching up on things... I have mint and boxed Red Firestreak with all its bits but these are missing from all of the items shown in my photos above... hadn't got to the topic you mention but have now read it and see the excellent state of your Green Firestreak.

Ian

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
This green Firestreak seems to have been released as #65902 in this style packaging... can oyu confirm that?

Ian

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I have a couple of earlier versions.

Corgi HCB-Angus FIRESTREAK No. 1001 dated 1980

CorgiTronics Rapid Intervention Firefighter No. 1001 dated 1982

(Black windows)

I can't see a bag of bits and figures in this set but it may just be missing.

The green FireStreak isn't mine.

The image was from the net but I'd say that you are correct with number 65902.
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I now have the red version just like Corgicrosseyed's. Other than our two, I have never seen this packaging. No figures or barricades or fire extinguisher on a dolly either so I am thinking this version did not come with them? Mine is also the dark window unit as opposed to clear. I am pretty sure this was for the France market as the opposite side is entirely French. I don't expect they would have done this for Quebec Canada in the early 80's (but they would have to now as per Canada language laws)

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
The Official Languages Act (French: Loi sur les langues officielles) is a Canadian law that came into force on September 11, 1972,[1] which gives English and French equal status in the government of Canada.[2] This makes them "official" languages, having preferred status in law over all other languages. Although the Official Languages Act is not the only piece of federal language law, it is the legislative keystone of Canada's official bilingualism. It was substantially amended in 1988. Both languages are equal in Canada's government and in all the services it controls, such as the courts.

Not sure if there had to be French and English on packaging before 1988, I think so as I remember it on produces from the 1970's

Re: Dodge Angus Firestreek Airport Rescue 4 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
hmmmm, not sure I remember bilingual labels that early but I also don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

This item was bought off ebay from an American seller (no that it couldn't have come from Canada or France originally)
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Tick.
  • Page: