Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years ago #76

Platinum Boarder
No if you look at the RAC rear doors they say ROAD SERVICE I put them the wrong way SERVICE on the left door! I made a hash of the roof board & took the all off, the AA side doors were added tonight as I was more relaxed.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, indeed you better do those things when there is no one around and when you are at ease.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Yes , I waited ages for the parts to come & wanted to finish the cars but I was too tired! Happy with tonight's result & nearly finished the Spot-On RAC Land Rover

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years ago #79

Platinum Boarder
I do beileve andy66 is correct in his decal placements. Here are some pictures from Jacques DuJardins Encyclopedia.

Note the three different versions of the AA Mini and also, there is no decal or sticker on the back side of the roof top sign on both models. Due to the shape of the original, there was no room for the same decal. The reproductions I have had and seen do not look like the back of the originals. They have 2 fronts, so to speak.

Very nice work and they really look good now that you have them complete.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Just to finish off these restorations I have put the trio together & added the desirable Vote for Somebody Mini van which is all original.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Two of the best restorations I've seen, and the Vote for Somebody Mini is a very rare find especially in this condition.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I had the Vote van when I was a kid the figure from it is shown , I was lucky to get this one a couple of years back with a rear door missing I still had the one which was missing from my original van so it is now nearly complete apart from the lead to the mike, will put pictures on of my original van which I painted light green & made cardboard rear doors for, when I find it .

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Am I right in saying that this Corsair with driver only came with the set containing the Healey Speed boat, my one shown is in metallic red & does not have the drivers face painted.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Ford Corsair #130 in GS 125 FunAHoy with 796 sports boat on trailer with the 113 MGB driver and the Lady Passenger in the boat from #114 Truimph. It came in Red or Blue and there were 3 different trailers too. Red car came with trailers #1 or 2 and the Blue car came with trailer #3.

There was also the Mini Dinky version, #10 and a White with Black top Corsair 2000, #169

Also in Silver

Credit goes to Jacques DuJardin's Dinky Encyclopedia.
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
many thanks Nobleco, I have these other versions , will have to look out for the boat with figures, that is a quest

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Figures are available with SF or Rob in Holland

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Very nice.....

I have the Corsair and trailer somewhere.

Frame.

Didn't know they went together.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Pretty sure I have the boat too. Cant recall a figure in the rear though.
Frame.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
Added this Leyland Octopus tanker to my collection, it came with a re-pro box

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 11 months ago #90

Nice looking tanker, are the Sehll-BP decals repros? They look pristine to me
Moderators: andyman7