Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Nice example of a great truck. Funny the steering wheel is missing. I can see the mirrors going though. I guess some small child got a finger in the window at one time? or maybe it just fell out. I has a Vega Major Coach with the steering wheel in the very back of the bus sitting in a seat like a passenger. Opened it up and corrected that. Easy as it was held together with screws.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
I would guess that as the doors open some small fingers have been in the cab at some time & the steering wheel has been knocked out of it's fixing position, will be easy to fix one back.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #48

It is a great model. And look at the artwork on the box, that is a treat too!

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
One of my all time favourite Dinkys, and nice example there !!!!!

I love the size of it.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Take your pick, I've added a few more since then

Richard k

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I have mentioned this before, but I was also a proud owner of the Mercedes truck and trailer and played with it a lot but carefully, it always went back in the box, so it is strange that all I have left is one plastic suspension pin and annoyingly I saw it only a few Days ago and thought I must take a picture for the forum...

...of course, ask me to find it now and no, I don't know where I've put it...blast!!

Nice to see Two Silver Cloud III models in Richard's picture above, must get some of mine together and put them her for you.

Rollerman.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
The Silver Cloud III is one of my favourite 60s Dinky's.  I have recently managed to find a red version but it is not in very good condition so I'm still on the look out for a better example.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
I've seen the red one once and hope to add one to complete the focus group.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
Here are my examples of the Silver Cloud III, model #127.

These are placed in order of introduction, with the very first issue at the front-left and you can see it is not in the best of condition, but it is the earliest specification model I know and the following versions all have their own specific specification with colour changes and casting differences etc.

One gap in the front row is a missing version and Three gaps in the back row are also missing versions, but I have the details of the missing models and hope to find them at toy fairs to fill the gaps.

Here are the Turquoise versions.

Here are the light and dark Gold versions.

Here are the Red versions and one of the missing models should go between these Two.

This is a typical Dinky Toy model from the 60's going into the 70's as evidenced by the 'K' registration plate on the above model.

Rollerman.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #55

Never knew there were that many variations, learned something again

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
If I had the missing versions there would be Sixteen models in the picture and my master listing for this model has Sixteen entries on it, but I have not updated it for some Years and I have details of another Four or Five versions to be added to the listing, it is a full-time job Collecting Corgi, Dinky and Matchbox models...!

Rollerman.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
That is awesome

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Had something similar happen with a Superkings Porsche. Kept adding missing links 8 did not know about.

Rarest of all, met.green body, black base.
Definitely a transition between the two colours.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the information you have a very impressive collection of Silver Clouds.  It is interesting to see the gold one with all 3 interior colour variations.

My 3 less than pristine examples are below, not sure exactly where these fit in the production cycle?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 4 months ago #60

The body colour in correct order is turquoise-blue, gold (various shades), metallic red. The interiors in correct order are red, blue, white. The Turquoise-blue ones only ever came with red interiors whilst red is the only interior never seen in the met red version.

Base colours are matt black, gloss black, plated silver and bright blue. The first one only on the turquoise-blue and early gold examples with red interior. The middle two on gold; and the last three seen on met red examples. Early bases had no mounting holes; followed by early mounting holes with centre spigot, and finally holes with no centre spigot. The final models were screw assembled.

You can see that with a fair bit of mixing of parts as colours and specifications changed, there are lots of potential variations!
The following user(s) said Thank You: distant subscriber
Moderators: andyman7