Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 week, 2 days ago #391

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is an early restoration I did , when I first started spraying models so probably bought it 30 years ago.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 week, 2 days ago #392

Platinum Boarder
Looks like some paint loss on the bonnet/hood. Are you going to repaint this one?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 week, 1 day ago #393

Platinum Boarder
There is no paint lost I think it is dust in the sunshine where I have taken it out or storage, it has quite a bit of metal flake in the metallic paint too

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 week, 1 day ago #394

Platinum Boarder
Just took these picture as sun as gone in, no paint loss, only thing is that I never bought that many spare back then I got the grill & rear bumpers from BTS Mouldings but I never replaced the missing steering wheel & seat backs so on my shopping list & a steady hand with tweezers will be needed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 week, 1 day ago #395

Platinum Boarder
Yes, those are much better pictures and now I can see the nice metallic paint job as it should be. Before it looked pitted and with paint missing to me. Funny how that sun shine came make a very nice model look like crap.

Steady hand indeed but should not be too hard. I think they just press into place so might be rather easy.
Does it need 2 seat backs or just one. They might be harder to install. SF has them for £1.35 and if he has them then Rob should have them too.

Steve if back open again by the way.
Moderators: andyman7