Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 3 weeks ago #391

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is an early restoration I did , when I first started spraying models so probably bought it 30 years ago.
</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 3 weeks ago #392

Platinum Boarder
Looks like some paint loss on the bonnet/hood. Are you going to repaint this one?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 3 weeks ago #393

Platinum Boarder
There is no paint lost I think it is dust in the sunshine where I have taken it out or storage, it has quite a bit of metal flake in the metallic paint too

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 3 weeks ago #394

Platinum Boarder
Just took these picture as sun as gone in, no paint loss, only thing is that I never bought that many spare back then I got the grill & rear bumpers from BTS Mouldings but I never replaced the missing steering wheel & seat backs so on my shopping list & a steady hand with tweezers will be needed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 2 weeks ago #395

Platinum Boarder
Yes, those are much better pictures and now I can see the nice metallic paint job as it should be. Before it looked pitted and with paint missing to me. Funny how that sun shine came make a very nice model look like crap.

Steady hand indeed but should not be too hard. I think they just press into place so might be rather easy.
Does it need 2 seat backs or just one. They might be harder to install. SF has them for £1.35 and if he has them then Rob should have them too.

Steve if back open again by the way.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 1 week ago #396

Platinum Boarder
Just spent ages putting a post together and when I came to submit it nothing happened - seemed I was timed out!!!!

Hugh

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 1 week ago #397

Platinum Boarder
That is why I copy a long post before I post it. Just in case. You can also use the back button, sign in and then open up the Quick Reply and some times the post is still there but not always.
I hate it when it happens.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months, 1 week ago #398

Platinum Boarder
I do the same. Write a long post in Word and copy and paste into the forum when ready to submit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #399

Platinum Boarder
I think that works as long as you use the Quick Reply. If you use just the Reply Topic then all the code shows up in the post. Best is to use Word Pad as it seems to not put that code in.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #400

Platinum Boarder
Austin Wagon 30j/412 ready for a rebuild. Not one of the more inspiring models.

Hugh

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #401

Platinum Boarder
I am looking forwards to seeing it finished

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #402

Platinum Boarder
What color are you going to use. It came in many different ones.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #403

I hope a green or yellow, that suits the hubs...

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #404

Platinum Boarder
What colour indeed - very good question. As you say Jim they came in almost every colour under the rainbow. With the hubs already in a dark blue I like the idea of yellow. The two colours do go well as can be seen with this Bedford Tipper that I did some years ago. However at the moment it has to go on the back burner - I have too many projects on the go.

Hugh

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 2 months ago #405

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice Truck you show. I agree that sometimes you have to put the toys aside for other projects. It is summer high heat here right now with temps from 35C to 40C around the south of our province here in BC Canada so I am only working some in the mornings outside. I keep busy with my store and other projects in the garage or home.
Looking forward to seeing the Austin truck when you get back at it.
Moderators: andyman7