Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #361

Platinum Boarder
Wow, I love that Routemaster something different & so 1950's .

The decals came today to finish my Brother In Law's skip find.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #362

Platinum Boarder

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #363

Platinum Boarder

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #364

Platinum Boarder
I have just purchased 2 of these Bedford Vans to complete my collection. I needed the Dinky Toys version and the Ovaltine version. One was £5.50 with £5.00 S/H the other was £3.65 with £11.40 shipping with is about standard for Air mail tracked and insured from the UK to Canada. The first one is on a slow boat from Britain. Will be nice to have this set complete. Earlier last month I bought 2 Trojan vans to complete my Trojan Van set. You will see all 4 this fall and winter when I restore them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #365

Platinum Boarder
I look forwards to these restorations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #366

Platinum Boarder
I bought this Ford D Series truck , it is the Dinky Kit oneit has been nicely made , I am going to brighten it up.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #367

Platinum Boarder
All Brightened up now , needed bringing to life.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #368

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and the colors suit this truck. I wonder if the jewels for the headlights did not come with the kit or were not installed or maybe even lost since this was done in that Green color. This is a nice addition to your Dinky Collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #369

Platinum Boarder
<p>The jewels would have come with the kit but they were fiddly to fit so they obviously did not fix them to model.</p>
<p>The tipper black is sprayed aluminium but it looks grey in picture.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #370

Platinum Boarder
Tiz a fine looking thing now!

not got one of these, but I quite like them all the same.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #371

Platinum Boarder
I have a late boxed one somewhere, it is orange & does not have opening doors , Dinkies way of saving money in the later years.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year ago #372

Platinum Boarder
I have the cab and chassis complete but just trying to figure out what to put on the back. It came with a wooden home made flat deck with head board. I am not sure if I kept that. It has been some time since I last looked at it. Maybe this winter I will get to it. It is a faithful copy of the original Ford D cab truck. There is one on the Highway sitting in someones yard on my drive to the Okanagan. I must remember to bring my camera next time I drive through Beaverdell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 11 months, 2 weeks ago #373

Platinum Boarder
Another buy from the Antiques centre is this Triumph Spitfire, I saw it there a few weeks ago & it was still there on my visit this week, a very reasonable price was accepted by the seller & it is now in my collection.

forensic anthropologist salary canada

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 11 months, 2 weeks ago #374

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and always a treat to get a model like this for a good price. This one is still on my want list but can't fine one for a decent price here in Canada.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 11 months, 2 weeks ago #375

Platinum Boarder
Andy - love the Spitfire - used to have one of these in the 60's until I wrapped it round a telegraph pole.

Hugh
Moderators: andyman7