Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #346

Platinum Boarder
Andy, nice job on the van. Color looks a good match. I too make some of my own decals and I do the decals for the long Ramp that comes with the pullmore Transporter. Racing numbers for some cars and aircraft decal. I also do the warning stripes for the Coles Cranes among others Like RCMP decals. Herbie the Love Bug sets in 2 scales and also the Avro Fulcan Jet. Even have the French Tank decals here too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #347

Platinum Boarder
The Caustic soda made easy work in cleaning the base pate of , lucky it was just surface rust so no indents were left after a very light going over with the brass wire brush on a drill.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #348

Platinum Boarder
That is how I do it and the paint also helps to hide any pitting the rust has caused. It turned out very well considering the condition it was in to start with. I see you have done what I often too when assembling a model. Chip the edges of the vehicle because the base it a little to tight to fit nicely. If I notice this while the toy is apart, I heat it up in my toaster oven and then give it a bit of a bend on each side of the body with my hands. I use welders gloves and when about 200 degrees F it will bend with some pressure. This will make the clearance so the base does not chip the body. I just do a bit of touch up when this happens. Use enough paint to fill the chip only.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #349

Platinum Boarder
When I spray the model I have it standing on an old plastic Persil box , I then put it onto cocktail sticks to minimise the body from sticking, hence the chips , i have touched these in now.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #350

Platinum Boarder
I have my second set of hands for holding the body. One clip on the post and one on the rear where the base plate slides in. Some times the toy just rests on the second clip as I don't want to mess up the paint at the rear.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #351

Platinum Boarder
These are excellent I remember speaking about them when I first became a member of this site, still haven't got a set though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #352

Platinum Boarder

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #353

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
That is a great casting and looks like you have a really good start on it. I have been looking for one of these as I want to do the Dinky Toys version. I have the Kodak but can't find the van at a reasonable price and then every one in Europe seems to be on that Darn Global Shipping program or wanting $25.00 or more for shipping. I keep looking though. Will be nice to see this finished up.
<br /><br /><a href="www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DINKY-TOYS-BEDFORD-CA...</a></p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #354

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #355

Platinum Boarder
143, I have made an offer on the first one as it is buy it now. We shall see. I have them both in my watch list and the second one has 4 days + to go so will watch. I also need the Ovaltine van beside the Dinky Toys van to complete the 3 van set.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #356

Platinum Boarder
I was going to comment on those clamps. They are really strong and may harm you toys. If you don't want to spend on the second set of arms, go the the dollar store or hardware store, maybe even an electrical shop and get some alligator Clamps. You can use screws or bolts to put in the ends of the clamps and then push them into styro-foam. You can also drill holes in a board and put bolts through. Use a nut to fasten and then put the clamp on the top of the bolt. I just came up with this idea now. Wow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #357

Platinum Boarder
I think craft stores have them and they come in many sizes both in metal and plastic. I bet Theo sells them at his stationary store.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #358

Great rescue operation. Here is my contribution to this topic

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #359

Platinum Boarder
one word 'UNIQUE.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 1 month ago #360

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Theo and you even have a box for it. Like 143 says "Unique" is the word. Colors really suit this van.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
Moderators: andyman7