Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #316

Platinum Boarder
i also have this estate car to do one day soon. I too will not cut it down. I am thinking of the original colors to add to the farm equipment set.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #317

Platinum Boarder
Any Progress made?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #318

Platinum Boarder
On what? my estate car? That will be a while as I have about 20 other models in front of it to do.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #319

Platinum Boarder
Those models Dinky that Andy got recently, guess that's not a priorytt then Jim lol

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #320

Platinum Boarder
I can't talk for Andy. No idea where he is on these Dinky Toys.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #321

Platinum Boarder
Not made a start on these yet, I have been working on my plastic Telsalda model today & I will have to give it a rest for a while as I think I am coming down with Man Flu I feel very rough now.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #322

Platinum Boarder
I started feeling a bit better today , had a couple of days rest , so i decided to restore the two Austins, I have changed both colours to other colours they came in and I am pleased that I did, put these back to how Dinky sent them out i.e no rear lights picked out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #323

Platinum Boarder
Better,

very much so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #324

Platinum Boarder
Stunning and Dinky would be proud to put out these. Good job.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #325

Great work on them Andy!

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #326

Platinum Boarder
Thank you, I have a question here, I bought this mint Plymouth Station wagon back in the 90's at a car boot sale, the seller said it was original & i paid a decent price for it, I have always wondered if it had been restored but the base has never been off & the cutting in of panels is far too good for a re-paint it has a slight chip on th o/s rear roof & there is no undercoat under top so I presume it is a minter , your opinions welcome.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #327

It couldn't be more original in my opinion.
The dark brown of the panels have a bit of fading, where the masking began. The base is as it should be. The cracks are original, I have several Dinky Toys with that kind of base too.
The rear tires are difficult to replace because there is not much room left for rplacing them.
So, if others agree too, in my opinion it is original.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #328

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Routemaster, however I did replace the tyres yesterday as the originals had gone flat where it has been on shelf for many years, these are good re-pro's & grant you the rears were awkward to put on.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #329

Platinum Boarder
I agree

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 1 year, 7 months ago #330

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well the one I got a couple of weeks ago is certainly a restored one , I liked this colour scheme on an old add so it was in my mind, learn't something through this resto &amp; that is I painted the wood parts in acrylic paints &amp; tested it with a sample that lacquer would be all ok on it. it certainly changes the model. Disappointed with this model as in the naked eye looks ok but on camera looks awful I will need to straighten some of those lines out. thats hand painting for you , spraying is much more neat.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls
Moderators: andyman7