Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 7 months ago #301

Platinum Boarder
Tail lights finished

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 7 months ago #302

Platinum Boarder
That's the ticket. Nicely done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #303

Platinum Boarder
I bought this late Dinky Toys Austin Princess this week, it has had very little play & boxed, I have the Gold with black "vynal " rear roof pillars version still somewhere with my child hood collection. I wonder if these plain white ones (some had the black "vynal" rear roof pillar) were left over police versions just sold off to clear stock.

upload gifs online
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #304

It's actually the other way round with the Police version. The white saloon version is a standard release, a re-colour of the the bronze with black vinyl roof version. All white versions have the slightly enlarged front number plate casting and the 'DKY123' number plates, and all come with the later design of plastic wheel with metal hub inserts. Some have vinyl roof effect and some don't - it is possible the all-white versions were the final ones as the vinyl roof effect is an additional process just added to the white body.

The 'Police' versions appear to have been either pre-production or possibly just made up of leftover parts - if you have the roof labels for the 255 Mini Clubman Police car and the roof light bar from the 244 Plymouth Police car you can just make a Police Princess out of an ordinary white one.
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by andyman7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #305

Platinum Boarder
<p>Many thanks Andyman, this has answered my question, I may buy a police version if the price is right but i think making one would be the cheaper option.</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #306

Platinum Boarder
<p>This Tidy Rover 75 came with a few models I have bought to restore , I will leave this as it is too good to restore I have just put a set of tyres on it.
</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #307

Platinum Boarder
These are the Dinky's which I bought from a lady I work with, the Austin's have been over painted but I will put them back to original spec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #308

Platinum Boarder
Nice era. Like to see when you're done with them

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #309

Platinum Boarder
I have done all three. Dodge Wagon is interesting with the side panels. I have decals in many different colors I got from a fellow builder off of Gary's Diecast Drive-In years ago. No idea if they are any good though. I usually hand paint the inserts.
The Somerset looks great in two tone paint jobs as does the Devon. I have done them both in many colors. Easy to do, the challenge is the Dodge.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #310

Platinum Boarder
I have plans for the Plymouth seen a great colour scheme but it will be a while in the making.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #311

Platinum Boarder
I like it when people do something that was not made that way by Dinky or Corgi etc. If I was over in England or Europe I too would be doing things like that as the models are all over the place. Here they are far and few between and shipping from eBay is cost prohibitive unless I am filling in a spot in my collection or it is something I need for a project like a trailer for my AEC Tractor Cab

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #312

Platinum Boarder
I bought this one already done, my first thought was to repaint it but I am not sure what I will find under the paint so decided to leave as is.

photo uploding free

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #313

that is nicely done. could you shoe a photo of the base please?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #314

Platinum Boarder
Sure can . The digital camera strikes again, it looks better in hand.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 2 months ago #315

Platinum Boarder
Nice code 3 , i won't cut mine down though
Moderators: andyman7