Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 7 years, 6 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I think it is the same with cars like the Rover 3500 and the Mercedes Truck and the later fire engines

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 7 years, 6 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
This is the same scale the Cadillac Eldorado.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 11 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
a couple of dinky toys from my collection put away years ago.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Seeing Dinky Shane's collection I have sorted some more of mine out, I have just received this Bedford Tk.
Also a mixture of ages of Dinky models.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
& some more , most of my Dinky collection is mine from my childhood with a few" hand me downs" when I was small

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #36

Nice collection Andy, there are a few that I have on my wishlist

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Routemaster , I have a Mercedes truck & trailer boxed on it's way will post when it comes.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Minor updated photo.

Spot the odd one?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Seems as though a Coles 20 ton lorry crane snuck in there. Not to mention the Antar Carrier with Centurion Tank, but then I guess that is a carrier too. Just the crane. LOL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
the car transporters are great models & when I was a boy the Matchbox Daf set  was the one which I was bought for Christmas two years on the trot one had the tyre wheels & the second the super fast version although both sets had cars with Superfast wheels the first the slimmer type. My Dinky & Corgi ones came years after being bought second  hand. I still have to get the Corgi Scamell & Bedford Carrimore versions especially the three tear version.
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
There were three variants of the Daf transporter.
Blue and gold. Yellow, both with red hubs black tires.
And the yellow with superfast wheels.
Which one did you have Andy?
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
The one with tyres had a yellow cab with reddish orange trailer with a yellow ramp & Daf on the trailer , the superfast one was the same with an orange trailer with orange & white stripes  on trailer , the cars I remember were a Rolls Silver shadow , VW 1600, Mustang, Iso Grifo & a Mk4 Zodiac the earlier one had some the dark blue Iso & a couple of different cars.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Some more great Dinky being shown again Andy. A few candidates for restoration I see too.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
There are but as so many from my child hood I am reluctant they have my memories most of my restorations are ones I have bought through my adult collecting age.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 6 years, 2 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Arrived today, the Mercedes truck & trailer, one of the models I used to look at in the toy shop window but it was out of my price range, not cheap now but I have waited a long time for one . It is minus it's steering wheel & mirrors but that doesn't bother me as I am sure you can get them.

Moderators: andyman7